Help Needed, Norcold Fridge/Freezer N611RT (1 Viewer)

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Hi All, my fridge/freezer has decided not to run on 240V. The green 'ON' light is lit but the unit will not go cold. All ok on gas. Any idea's ? Thanks

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Not familiar with that particular model but it sounds like the element has gone, it should be easy to fix if it is anything like a dometic / electrolux you basically need to remove the insulation around the flue and there should be two elements fitted to the side of the pipework one for 12v one for 240v

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
just noticed you have an RV, so I assume your fridge would be fitted with 120v element. while you are checking your fridge it might be wise to google norcold/ dometic/ thetford recalls as a recent thread I came across possibly on this forum or maybe the RVOC forum was about a fault with some fridge cooling units overheating cracking and leaking the refridgerant gas out and catching fire, the poster lost his RV and belongings.
found it see here; Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Norcold Fridge problem resolved.

Just to let you all know i have managed to resolve the problem with the fridge not cooling down on 240volt. Well it didnt cool down on gas either & i was surprised i didn't get more responses to my original request for help, but 'hey ho' thats the way it goes sometimes!

Now here's a tip for you all, i assume funsters don't know of this one 'cos no-one mentioned it but it helps to have your unit level.

I managed to download the manual & it states it only has a tolorence of 3 degrees side to side & 6 degrees front to back.

I know what you are all going to say, well thats obvious! 'school boy error' Yes it probably is but when you are full timing you don't realise that the unit is slightly leaning.

So all is now level & the fridge is COLD !!

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
Ah but you tricked us, in the first post you did say all was ok on gas, still glad you got it sorted it's not nice when things play up

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't want to dampen your spirits but my guess is it wont be staying cold for long. The damage has been done.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if you had posted the issue on RVOC

If you had posted your issues on RVOC then I am sure one of the many American owners on that site would have responded.

While there are many members on MHF with an RV there are more on RVOC. Most owners would have called Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner in Lincoln as the first port of call with an issue with a fridge/freezer.. he is the man that knows all the issues re these kind of problems.

Horses for courses.

Bob

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
I did call Duncan & he confirmed that would of caused the problem. The fridge is now keeping a constant temperature of 2 degrees c. & the freezer
-3c

I did search the RVOC site for threads to 'problems with fridges' but could not find anything that highlighted the symptoms that i was experiencing. I also prefer this site!!

Thanks for all your comments.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back