Help needed locating fuse for 180w dashboard outlet (1 Viewer)

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
I have a CI Motorhome carioca 656, adjacent to the cigar lighter is a socket marked 180w, this outlet has no power to it, I have tried all the fuses I can find (behind drivers seat, in the dashboard fuseboard and under the bonnet) anyone know where the fuse lives?

It might be that the fuse has been removed, if so that would throw me completely as I have checked for conitinuity on all fuses in their holders.

I don't even know if this outlet is only live with the ignition on or off, or for that matter where does it derive its feed, leasure or cab battery.

Sorry for the long post.
Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Ian ,
if it's original base vehicle fitment then it will be fed from the engine battery and probably only live when ignition on.. it may have an in-line fuse behind the socket.. or in the socket base, should be able to pull it out for checking if you cannot access from under the dash .

hth

Jim

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Sorted :)

Cheers Jim,

I thought, right! this panel coming off so was about to start the attack from the passenger side and noticed a fuse cover exactly the same as on the drivers side, took the cover off and low and behold, another fuseboard.

Counting from left to right, fuse 7 was missing, belled-out the fuse blade connection to the centr of the outlet and bingo!!, inserted 15A fuse and all is well.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back