Help!! Mice (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just ordered a sonic "do-da" off tinternet.. KEMO seems to be a good make ((German))
Less than £20 delivered.. Its 12 volt. So I will wire it into the van with a plug into the fag lighter socket in the back of the van... As we are on hook-up in the garden ((surrounded by fields)) this is hopefully going to prevent the terrible problems experienced by others...
Good luck all.. (y)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just ordered a sonic "do-da" off tinternet.. KEMO seems to be a good make ((German))
Less than £20 delivered.. Its 12 volt. So I will wire it into the van with a plug into the fag lighter socket in the back of the van... As we are on hook-up in the garden ((surrounded by fields)) this is hopefully going to prevent the terrible problems experienced by others...
Good luck all.. (y)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Good luck all.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Good luck all.. (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks all. Will order some repellants and try and find the stuff to make up those camphor, mint and eucalyptus bags ... I guess a health shop would sell the ingredients?

I will make some bucket ramps for round the wheels too, although I think they will either blow away or 'walk' from my parking spec at the farm compound..

Does anyone know the answer re my question on lavendar please? Thank you.

YES Lavender is good . I put it in the wardrobe in little bags sold against moths. I used to use naphthalene but forbidden now, so these little bags contains some equivalent perfumed with lavender .Joy I have bumped my thread so you can read all the ways to get rid of mice , these tricks are mainly for rats but do work with mice. the best against mice are branches of Laurel (the one you use to cook!)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well..... Do any of you know any French delivery company? NO ,no, no without watching on the internet!!!!Well?????? How can I possibly know about it? To me it didn't sound like a play on words , some astonishing misunderstanding more like! I got a tad upset..... now that I understand all's fine:LOL: ! Thanks for explaining!;) You nearly got a PM from an upset froggy:eek:

I do ! But then it was part of my job for a LOOOONG time ;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But come on ! I am a man ! We can never win if we do not cheat !!!!!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You MUST put posion down and plenty of it, I meant plenty, mice can eat and carry a lot of posion. I get the stuff off Ebay which is generally better than from B&Q etc. If you dont posion the whole nest the mice will just keep coming back. Generally the nursing mothers will bring it back to the nest and you will kill the lot. Traps are OK as an immediate defence but posion will be the best bet. As for sonic stuff, more or less useless........

When you think killing the nest might be cruel, consider that mice continuously urinate, and carry some nasty disease prions, that will have all been deposited over your soft furnishings ready for you to touch and possibly ingest.........still think its cruel ?????

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Frankie.... will do everything you say .. apart from the bit of going under the van .. I can't get there... also doing other things too. Very grateful to you. :)

by the way everyone re MOTH BALLS : Went all over town today and told they can no long be had by the suppliers as they are banned at the moment .. contain some toxic substance dangerous to humans... They are in the process of trying to develop some that are non-toxic apparently. So then went back on myself to get Peppermint oil ............. NOTHING. Apparently there a tv programme saying they keep spiders at bay and all the shops had sold out....

If I buy some peppermint tea and let it go cold and wipe everywhere with that, hoping it may have a similar effect.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
MOTH BALLS

You can get some from India ..... They've got plenty over there ... they've got plenty of rats too... they don't seem to be bothered. mind you the moth balls are to be found on the open market, while the rats are in the castle:rolleyes:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I have heard that if you spray WD40 under the bonnet liberally that keeps the little blighters out ,I have done it, but not sure if it works, worth a try though, also keeps linkages etc free- moving.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Here you go Joy Broken Link Removed
click on either Lavender or PEPPERMINT £7 for 100 ml collect from ARGOS
terry

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have just found evidence that we have got or have had a mouse. Everything is stripped and black bagged. I've just bought some repellent and poison, peppermint oil and lavender (not known for my over reaction but hate the little blighters) any other "sane" suggestions?

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have just found evidence that we have got or have had a mouse. Everything is stripped and black bagged. I've just bought some repellent and poison, peppermint oil and lavender (not known for my over reaction but hate the little blighters) any other "sane" suggestions?

Traps - the ones that kill them rather than tickle them.

Good luck.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Pepper and pimento in powder , even on engine... Works a treat!!! That really tickle their moustaches, I have put some inside as well,along the cupboards and doors:xThumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you are going to use Poison alternate between the Blue and the Red (the red is stronger)
You might have to go to a Farmer supply place to get the red

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Pepper and pimento in powder , even on engine... Works a treat!!! That really tickle their moustaches, I have put some inside as well,along the cupboards and doors:xThumb:
I bet your Camper smells Yummyy when the motor has warmed up,:xsmile: does anyone ask you what time you open, because they want to order a Pizza:xThumb:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I've washed every hard surface in hot water and bleach, all soft furniture (which hasn't been black binned) has been washed in hot soapy water. Electronic repellents are sited, poison laid, but it is green, not sure where that comes on the poison scale but I will go to the farm place and get red poison tomorrow. Thanks @rangitira. killer metal mouse traps with sharp metal teeth are on order for delivery tomorrow with a stock of glue mats. Peppermint oil is in the lounge area. Lavender is everywhere. Lavender fabreezed all surfaces. I've brought welding gauntlets home to catch the two feral cats that live at the bottom of the garden to take to the unit when I catch them. I've put pepper and pimento over the engine. The mouse doesn't stand a chance. Now for a glass of chilled white.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I've washed every hard surface in hot water and bleach, all soft furniture (which hasn't been black binned) has been washed in hot soapy water. Electronic repellents are sited, poison laid, but it is green, not sure where that comes on the poison scale but I will go to the farm place and get red poison tomorrow. Thanks @rangitira. killer metal mouse traps with sharp metal teeth are on order for delivery tomorrow with a stock of glue mats. Peppermint oil is in the lounge area. Lavender is everywhere. Lavender fabreezed all surfaces. I've brought welding gauntlets home to catch the two feral cats that live at the bottom of the garden to take to the unit when I catch them. I've put pepper and pimento over the engine. The mouse doesn't stand a chance. Now for a glass of chilled white. Broken Link Removed

That's the British spirit.

No shit - no mercy.

Enjoy your wine and goodnight.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We use a electronic thingy... have some evil plastic traps with peanut butter and some blue grain. We haven't seen any since 2 yrs ago when they hit us ...
Will never be complacent with them though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back