LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Careful, you'll be starting a zoo next:winky:

Good luck with the cull and I hope the holiday goes OK for all your family.

I have put another 2 really vicious looking traps in there today - completely covered in sharp spikes. Dont like doing it but I can't bear the little sods.

I have also installed another 2 sonic repellers so I have one front, middle and back.

Apparently mice enjoy peace and quiet. My crowd are in for a shock if they come to Las Dunas with us. I thought we were about 2 rows away from the beach bar, but looking at the papers last night, we are actually 2 pitches away:Doh:

My brother is already down there about 5 rows away from the bar and he had great pleasure telling me that when he walked past at about 10pm the other night they had a DJ in the bar doing that scratchy stuff with records.....a big favourite of mine (not).

Add to that the childrens "entertainment" every night from about 7 and I will be a fully converted wild camper by the time its over::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Wife loves them ::bigsmile: if one of the cats brings one in I have to catch and put it outside in the hedge while she keeps the cat inside. Gives it a sporting chance to do a runner. ::bigsmile:

How about buying some bird eating spiders? they might go for mice instead.:Smile:

Ian

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
How about buying some bird eating spiders? they might go for mice instead.:Smile:

Ian

Or a python I suppose they eat mice dont they?:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Chris, sounds as if you're having good success with catching the little b*ggers now:thumb:
Keep on with the traps, we use two of the "false teeth" type in the workshop, haven't bothered to set them for months, but will now, as they're back in again.

There is absolutely no point in using the "humane" traps, it seems pointless letting them loose in a field, only for them to return the next night:Doh:

We heard a noise that sounded like something chomping it's way through polystyrene recently and then saw one sitting on the table in the workshop:Eeek: After he'd scarpered we discovered that he'd been eating packaging that I need for the business. So far, we've found a dead rat, a live weasel, a complete nest of baby mice, plus the latest visitor:Angry: But being surrounded by open fields and countryside where we are it's like living in a menagerie :Doh:

We think this recent mouse has gone for the time being, but it's the costly damage that they do, so I'd keep setting the traps. Go and enjoy your holiday, if you have any "stowaways", which I doubt, they will surely get stopped at passport control at sent straight back:roflmto:
Margaret

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just one in the traps today.

Hopefully we are winning.

A bit nervous about sleeping in there Friday night.

I think I will have to spend a few hours in the pub before I go to bed::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just one in the traps today.

Hopefully we are winning.

A bit nervous about sleeping in there Friday night.

I think I will have to spend a few hours in the pub before I go to bed::bigsmile:

We are convinced that the ones (mice) in our workshop hold meetings and pass on information to each other about how many traps are down and where they are:winky: Once they pass on this important information the rest of the mousey gang are on their guard, so possibly that's why the numbers are going down:thumb:
The rat that we found dead last year was "enormous"!
Margaret::bigsmile:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are convinced that the ones (mice) in our workshop hold meetings and pass on information to each other about how many traps are down and where they are:winky: Once they pass on this important information the rest of the mousey gang are on their guard, so possibly that's why the numbers are going down:thumb:
The rat that we found dead last year was "[HI]enormous[/HI]"!
Margaret::bigsmile:

A N Or Mouse - just a mouse in disguise then? :ROFLMAO:

morph

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Lancs area
Funster No
MH
RV American Dream
Exp
Newbies
Told you to borrow our Cats! No need for traps! Trust me they will keep on top of the situation!:Smile:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We already have 2 cats but they are too stupid to be left in a motorhome overnight.

They would cause more damage than the mice.

One of them has never caught a single thing in her life and she is 11 this year. She is the village idiot of the cat world:Doh:

morph

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Lancs area
Funster No
MH
RV American Dream
Exp
Newbies
Ha! Well maybe we should swap cats instead as we are sick of having our kitchen used as a morgue for dead mice! :Smile:

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
just been down to camper an Ive had mice in there but cat see how there getting in any ideas ?they have chewed to settee cushions to bits and top bunk curtains I have removed every thing out of camper until they've gone ? help needed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I would urge you to read our now resident expert on things rodenty ! Frankie :)

Here is a link to the thread she kindly posted up:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/my-experience-on-how-to-fight-rodents.97692/
I'm getting really paranoid now, Jaws... How often should I go up to the van... I normally leave it a couple of weeks thinking that they can't do any damage if they do get in in that time and I will be able to sort it .. but some of this damage sounds horrible... It's such a pain getting into the farm .. do I need to go every day? How fast do they go from just a few droppings to a massacre. :( How often do others go up to their vans please?

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
Like to visit my bus every couple of weeks to check thing are ok, also gives me a couple of hours 'me time'
Didn't have any visitors last year but reading these rodent posts has got me worried - will try to get away from work a bit earlier tomorrow!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We already have 2 cats but they are too stupid to be left in a motorhome overnight.

They would cause more damage than the mice.

One of them has never caught a single thing in her life and she is 11 this year. She is the village idiot of the cat world:Doh:

I will kidnap my neighbours cat for you - it's a born killer.

Killed all the mice that lived in my shed. (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I'm getting really paranoid now, Jaws... How often should I go up to the van... I normally leave it a couple of weeks thinking that they can't do any damage if they do get in in that time and I will be able to sort it .. but some of this damage sounds horrible... It's such a pain getting into the farm .. do I need to go every day? How fast do they go from just a few droppings to a massacre. :( How often do others go up to their vans please?
Whilst in Spain a couple of years ago, one poor guy had to be towed off as the mice had eaten things under the bonnet while they were in it !

I know the recognised thing is two weeks but given how fast they can multiply and you concern perhaps once a week ?

Mind you, as said, follow Frankies helpful hints and tips and the chances are very low you will get any problem at all (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Whilst in Spain a couple of years ago, one poor guy had to be towed off as the mice had eaten things under the bonnet while they were in it !

I know the recognised thing is two weeks but given how fast they can multiply and you concern perhaps once a week ?

Mind you, as said, follow Frankies helpful hints and tips and the chances are very low you will get any problem at all (y)

Thanks Jaws, will do as much as I can... I have no way of looking under the van for any access holes .. I still don't know how they got in last time. Do you know by any chance if it is true they don't like the smell of lavendar? I keep spraying cupboards and everywhere with lavandar stuff but I would have thought they liked flowers. . so bit confused.

When I had my last van I put moth balls in every crevice and cupboard and never had any problem but the van stank .. and it lasted all through the summer .. I was choking half the time.

Thanks again. :)

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
They not very nice but you can buy glue boards on tinternet, they catch em not nice I know but they do work .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They not very nice but you can buy glue boards on tinternet, they catch em not nice I know but they do work .
:( Don't think I could use those, Wasp .. I'd have nightmares afterwards. Thanks for your advice though..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back