Help! Maxview Dish stuck in up position (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
On a Sosta in Italy. Raised dish for first time in 6 weeks. Dish now stuck up and won't retract. Changed fuse in control box which had blown. Changed fuses 3 times and each time it has blown. Any ideas please. Happy to do without dish but need it to retract. Now run out of fuses.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
The best way if you can is to get to the dish and slacken the bolts either side that hold the dish and LNB arm,lower them down and retighten bolts.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The best way if you can is to get to the dish and slacken the bolts either side that hold the dish and LNB arm,lower them down and retighten bolts.

That’s what I would do.
There’s obviously a motor fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Silver-Fox rb62 Thanks for your advice. Success - sort of. Undid the bolts, however when the dish was lowered it stuck out over the side of the motorhome so the whole lot had to come off. Hope a new motor isn't too expensive. Off to Austria now.

David90

Free Member
Mar 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey
My Maxview target satellite dish has now got stuck in the upright position, did you solve the problem, if so what was the answer. Thanks.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Had the same problem, turned out to be a broken wire in the harness if I remember correctly it was the green one. Either a new harness from Maxview or a soldering iron.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back