Help Lithium and Solar Problems ! (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Malibu i500 A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Could anybody please help I am getting major grief from installing Lithiums and Solar. My problems started at the Stratford rally when I was found to be continuously monitoring the "new setup" often ending in many of my fellow funsters ( the boys ! ) constantly monitoring amps in, amps out and state off charge who has got the biggest etc.
Anyway it comes to today getting ready to head off for another rally tomorrow and she (the other half) hits me with I hope your not going to be monitoring the shit out of the "new setup " again like last week, but i know deep down that is exactly what i will be doing god I even have the victron app open monitoring the smart shunt when driving how sad.
So does anybody out there know of any help groups I could contact just I am frightened of losing her :unsure:

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’ve been boring Rene silly Dave. Telling her I’ve generated 1.9KWA of power in the day or we have hit 366W today (400W panels).

We need a sad (reasonably) old gits solar and lithium club. SOGSALC for short - happy to be a founding member with you mate! 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Could anybody please help I am getting major grief from installing Lithiums and Solar. My problems started at the Stratford rally when I was found to be continuously monitoring the "new setup" often ending in many of my fellow funsters ( the boys ! ) constantly monitoring amps in, amps out and state off charge who has got the biggest etc.
Anyway it comes to today getting ready to head off for another rally tomorrow and she (the other half) hits me with I hope your not going to be monitoring the shit out of the "new setup " again like last week, but i know deep down that is exactly what i will be doing god I even have the victron app open monitoring the smart shunt when driving how sad.
So does anybody out there know of any help groups I could contact just I am frightened of losing her :unsure:
It looks like Di does not have the
Amplitude for it 🤣
If Denise complains I told her I would leave her at OHM 👍

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Mrs Poppycamper regularily says to me when I am checking battery monitors...
Well dear... how many "Wigglywatts" are we Making now.... must be loads.. look at all that sun shine.☀️🌝🌞

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Convert the solar gain into monetary terms 'we have saved £x today' although she may ask for the money 😂

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Convert the solar gain into monetary terms 'we have saved £x today' although she may ask for the money 😂
I really wish you hadn't posted this. That's my next hour gone :LOL:

EDIT: Works out a saving of £106 if parked at my unit all year, rising to around £640 if on a campsite all year (based on £2 per day for EHU)

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Victron need to get their act together and produce an app that's reports all settings of the BMV by speech. Then you could wander around all day with a Bluetooth ear bud being constantly updated.
Just need to grow your hair to hide the ear bud. :rofl:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I really wish you hadn't posted this. That's my next hour gone :LOL:

EDIT: Works out a saving of £106 if parked at my unit all year, rising to around £640 if on a campsite all year (based on £2 per day for EHU)
Ah but how much did you shell out on kit to be able to make that saving? Are you still in the black or reached the red yet?

That's going to cost you another hour :)

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Malibu i500 A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hey lads look at the graphs on this 😂🤘

Pure filth 😍

Screenshot_20220514_141126_com.victronenergy.victronconnect.jpg

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Malibu i500 A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Well you could set off tonight if you drive real slow 🤣
Its lovely here in sunny South Shields Steve couple of bottles in the garden (but still keeping a check on the solar) set off for Brid. early doors tomorrow but weather looks naff

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just ask her "WATTs" the problem. But just make sure she doesn't respond physically otherwise you may have a case of "BATTERY" on you hands.
Ps
there is a self help group of likewise thinking males taking place Sunday afternoon, bring your own beer and SOC details and the ladies can get a knitting circle together .Lyn will bring the wool.
:rofl:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Its lovely here in sunny South Shields Steve couple of bottles in the garden (but still keeping a check on the solar) set off for Brid. early doors tomorrow but weather looks naff
You need the right weather app
1B141DC1-5CDB-48C2-9A1C-79D2D1E0A1F0.png
1B141DC1-5CDB-48C2-9A1C-79D2D1E0A1F0.png

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hmmm, heading to sunny Scotland for golf next week
Screenshot_20220514_155342_bbc.mobile.weather.jpg

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Gowd dont tell her I have put this on she will knack me ::bigsmile::pray:
So, episodes of mania, episodes of depression and paranoia... you definitely need Lithium:)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

Would love to have your problems! Mine are more ‘fundamental’ at the moment! 🤦‍♂️

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Every time I ever went to Scotland it poured down what about the views they said ?
What views it’s always to misty 🤣

Not fair to Scotland really that Steve. I’ve heard they have at least 20 nice days of weather a year! 🤨🤪

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back