Help lights (1 Viewer)

S

stagman

Deleted User
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET LENS OFF THESE DOWNLIGHTERS.NEARLY PULLED ONE OFF ROOF TRYING :helpsos:

Link Removed

Can't see it very clearly ,but I think it is the type you prise the diffuser out with a thin screwdriver,you may see a small cut out bettween the body and th d/fusser have a good look all round it, s/driver in and turn should pop out.:thumb:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
I fink its either screwed off (wear a pair of rubber gloves for grip) or the other type is held in to the drilled out hole in the rrof by 2 or 3 sprung legs so will just pull out but be carefull when the sprung legs spring back in case they trap your finger

Phill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have lights which look very similar and one of mine fell off, well the outer plastic ring together with the lens, and it just pushes back so i think the careful application of a small screwdriver as suggested above is probably the way to go,

Let us know how you get on, and does anyone know if you can purchase the outer plastic ring separately as mine is cracked that's why it fell off

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
They are the same as fitted into my Swift, Cheap and nasty, I suggest you use a thin bladed knife, use it edge on under the rim and twist the knife, have just taken one of mine off to check that I am correct.

Your biggest problem is going to be getting the B"ÂŁ$% thins to stay on after the removal, as I said "Cheap and Nasty"

Doug....

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would suggest trying to unscrew it before prising it off.
if it does screw on then prising it will damage the thread or the trim.:Doh:

OP
OP
shifter

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
Lights

CHEERS ALL
GOT THE WEE FRIGGER OFF
ITS ASNAP ON RING.BUT TO GET IT OFF IT COMES AWAY FROM ROOF FIRST THEN PULL APART WITH KNIFE.
IS THEIR A LED REPLACEMENT BULB FOR THESE DO YOU KNOW OF.:thanks2:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think the LED type of replacement is a circular board with the circuit on one side and the LEDs on the other.
two wire prongs fit in the original bulb holes.
this is one type i've seen but not 100% sure though.

have a look Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The type you usually want is the one called G$ on the previous link. The thicker round one won't fit in most fittings. Also available from ATEN. I have replaced a lot of my bulbs, very useful if you are away from a hookup. Seem to be brighter too:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back