LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I havn't opened it but it is from ee.alert@ somewhere or other and says energy bill ... you have an unpaid bill please open the attached zip file urgently.

I would normally just delete it but I HAVE just changed energy supplier so don't know if it genuine or not. Surely they would have sent me a letter at this stage if it was. It looks pretty genuine.:Sad:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't open it. Ring them to discuss anything, and ask them if they have sent an email, bet the answer will be 'no'... :Smile:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

Do a google search on "ee.alert"

Looks like a dodgy email. :thumb::thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have just changed energy suppliers, if it from your previous supplier It will say their name on the heading, likewise if it is from your new supplier it will have their name on the heading, I would just delete it if it was me, you cannot be too careful .I say it is junk mail if I don`t recognize where it is from, be careful

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Don't open it , its not from your energy company.

In fact Joy, I'd go as far as to say 'don't open anything with a .zip file attachment' unless you are specifically expecting it

There have been loads of them doing the rounds since Xmas from (supposedly) HMRC, various banks, Land Registry etc etc - all bad news :Angry:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
... you have an unpaid bill please open the attached zip file urgently.
Yes, it's this week's scam. Latest in a recent succession.

Styx's advice is spot on - assume any zip file attachment is harmful unless both expected & from a trusted source. Trusted source alone is not enough - 'From' email addresses get forged. :Sad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just got the very same email in my in-box too ... load of cr*p ...

If you get ANYTHING with an attachment of any sort, or a 'click on this link' type of thing in the email DO NOT use it unless you are definitely expecting it. If you are ever asked to log into an account using a link DO NOT DO IT! Instead type your usual bank etc web address into your browser as normal and log in that way. On links especially if you hover over it with your mouse you can usually see where it will direct you to so you can easily see by that address that it is a scam.

I repeat NEVER EVER click on a link or an attachment unless you are 100% sure it is genuine!

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can I retrieve something called a strapline from a deleted email please. TY.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can I retrieve something called a strapline from a deleted email please. TY.

Not sure what you mean. My understanding of straplines is they are and advertising thing.. Naughty but Nice, Every little helps, that sort of thing.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not sure what you mean. My understanding of straplines is they are and advertising thing.. Naughty but Nice, Every little helps, that sort of thing.

Hello. Not surprised you don't know what I mean.... I don't know either. :Doh::Doh: I don't know what a strapline is but thought it meant I could trace the sender of an email ... but the email has been deleted by mistake. Sorry, I must have got it wrong....:Blush: Thank you Devon Beekeeper for your response.:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if u need to retrieve the email u deleted by mistake check the bin in ya email folders
never ever open emails joy unless u know what they r or who they are from
i think we need to take you on a crash course on what not to do before you blow yaself up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
if u need to retrieve the email u deleted by mistake check the bin in ya email folders
never ever open emails joy unless u know what they r or who they are from
i think we need to take you on a crash course on what not to do before you blow yaself up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Broken Link Removed tooo late!!!!!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:ROFLMAO:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
No energy company or HMRC etc would send you a Zip file Joy. If they were sending you documents eg. a bill then it would usually be in PDF format or even word format.

If its a zip file then it will probably contain a virus etc.

Dont bother trying to trace it just delete it. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back