Help identifying reverse camera wiring (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I discovered today that my van appears to have some form of reverse camera prep. I need some help identifying the type of cable / compatible camera.
I think my Alpine h/u has a RCA video input so it seems to have a different connector - I don't know if there is a way to use the factory wiring

Rear brake light
IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

Under glove box
IMG_0064.JPG

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
i suspect the factory reverse camera cable is for a dometic / waeco camera, but my stereo uses a RCA jack for the video in from the reverse camera, so unless there is a connector to change from the 6 pin DIN plug to an RCA jack, i suspect the factory cabling is of no use and i'll need to run an RCA video cable (unless i go for a dometic camera)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
i suspect the factory reverse camera cable is for a dometic / waeco camera, but my stereo uses a RCA jack for the video in from the reverse camera, so unless there is a connector to change from the 6 pin DIN plug to an RCA jack, i suspect the factory cabling is of no use and i'll need to run an RCA video cable (unless i go for a dometic camera)
id be surprised if there wasn't such an adapter... have you had a google.. there are a few come up but whether its what you need I'm not sure..
andy

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
the Dometic cameras appear pretty complex & dear, but googling seems to suggest the 6 pin cables are indeed a Dometic standard. there seems to be an optional Dometic Amp100 control box http://webshop.waeco.se/file/article/9103531032/Manual - AMP100.pdf which takes a 6 pin DIN input and provides RCA output which i could use , but this would again add to cost.

Hellboy

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Funster No
Gerry I had a very similar connector on an Autotrail van...I found a camera in the Brigade Range was the correct fit
http://www.bowerspartsonline.co.uk/reversing-safety-systems/reverse-cameras/reverse-camera-spares
They were very expensive but they do loads of conversion cables so I bought a couple of them and fitted a cheaper Chinese Cameras and it works great
The Autotrail looked like it had 6 pins but only 4 were connected when I buzzed the cable out...

Hope this gives you a starting point...Happy Googling

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back