Help Identify Awning Parts? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Hi guys, following our first outing at Carmarthen with the Funsters, we discovered an important part of our awning was missing & other parts broken!

The broken bit is more cosmetic than functional but I'd like to replace it. The retractible awning is made by The Awning Company.
Awning1.jpg

This is the end cap that's damaged. It's just a thin plastic cover held in place by 2 screws.
Awning3.jpg

I've tried contacting The Awning Company on several occasions by email but they fail to respond! They still have a web presence but the last time I tried to ring them, there was no answer! Are they still in business or taken over?

Of greater importance is a missing support strut - there should be 4 pieces
AwningSideSupportStrutsOneMissing.jpg

The awning is 5.8 metres wide and I believe it's an Omnistor 5800, but I'm not sure! Can anyone confirm this? This is the complete side with support fitted. A thick piece of flexible plastic line slides into the hem of the awning which in turn slides into the channel of the metal struts.
AwningSideSuportStrutsinPlace.jpg

Here's a few more clues.
AwningSideSupport.jpg

AwningSideSupportStrutEnds.jpg

The guy who sold us the Burstner back in March does have the parts but he's done a runner and can't be contacted! We're missing the Burstner table top and this awning part. His partner or possibly ex partner now, emailed me to say he'd gone to Spain! She lives in Althorpe near Scunthorpe and emailed me to say the parts are in her garage and can be collected. The trouble is, it's 270 miles from me, I don't have her telephone number and she's not responding to my emails!!

At ÂŁ600 + for a replacemnt Burstner table top, I feel a bit sore & let down about it all! I've considered taking it to the small claims court. :Eeek:

John

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have just had anwning made to measure and fitted but the awning company, used to trade as G & H awnings, they made it to measure while I waited and fited including the room, they were brilliant, I cannot understand why you have not had a response these are the details I have

Catherine Conway
The Awning Company (UK) Ltd
Unit 1, Jubilee Works
Vale Street
Bolton
BL2 6QF
www.theawningcompany.co.uk
Tel No 01204 544900

As soon as I work out how to put pictures on I will show you, they can trace yor awning from the number on your black label

Dave
Fax No 01204 544901

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks Dave for the info.

I can't understand why they've not replied either! I've emailed them 3 times and nothing back.

I'll try ringing them again on Monday.

Browsing their website, it seems I have a GH Awnings Frontier MKll!
Link Removed

Rather misleading as I was given a manual for the Omnistor 5500/5800!

Cheers

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have a frontier 2 fitted, they put a serial number on mine and said it was so they could trace it and supply any parts if needed, you will need to go up to Bolton and get it sorted, warning though it aint cheap :Doh:

We have had fiamma & omnistor we are at a dog show just outside sunderland, its been very breezy and the awnings have been blowing about except ours !!!!

Dave

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Confirmed :) We have a Frontier awning.

Spoke with Stacey Hogan of The Awning Company - extremely helpful and in no time the missing/broken parts are on their way.

Thanks for the help. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back