Help!French campsite 5amp power supply,is this enough to power M/H fridge?+lights? (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The (now ex) missus insisted that we take a travel iron on holiday. It is still unused today and I suppose ought to be donated to a charity shop for another muggins to put in their luggage.

Who does ironing in their MH? I thought we all try to escape from that drudgery.
I’ve just been for a walk around at Twinwood.

Lady 2 vans up was doing her ironing on a full sized board in her pop up gazebo.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
which draws over 3 amps, and often approaching 4 amps if the voltage is low

That's interesting, that implies the Truma boiler has a constant power switching PSU like an inverter (but rather simpler - like a dimmer switch). I'd have thought it more likely to be simply two resistive elements - which means less voltage = less power, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's not something I'd care about, if I'd paid for 5 Amps I'd probably use it if I needed LOL, but I always seem to end up at places without EHU so my budget is usually 0A.

Deleted User
Many European sites only have 4 or 6amp if you are on ACSI you can sometimes pay for more. All they do is put a bigger fuse in the EHU.
Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have the electric mode on my Rapido. The low 800w setting will give some hot water eventually but useless for heating.
Swmbo insists on taking an iron and sometimes uses it too. Dont know why.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
The (now ex) missus insisted that we take a travel iron on holiday. It is still unused today and I suppose ought to be donated to a charity shop for another muggins to put in their luggage.

Who does ironing in their MH? I thought we all try to escape from that drudgery.
Not prying SpeedyDux, but is that why she's the ex-missus? If my superior wanted ironing done in the MH, that would be enough for me to consider a trade in! :giggle:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We find it easier to put the fridge on gas, awning out to shade the fridge. Works fine if you don’t have many Amps and it’s hot.
Everything else off and we can run the air con .
Happy days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bugg*rd a French 5 amp fuse last year by forgetting to turn off the hot water heating. The owner was less than amused after he had changed two fuses.
I turned the water to gas and all was well, with no more trips to the office complaining about his rotten electricity.
That'll teach him a lesson. Should have updated his electrics and had trip breakers fitted.
Probably had no earth either.
No sympathy with the tight French git.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back