Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
Don't put this excuse for a human being in jail at my expense, just let those ex-servicemen who were supposed to receive the contributed funds deal with him!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What a low life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Here in Cornwall, I've seen several set ups like the one described, Mini Pergola, fellas with military haircuts, plastic collection buckets, the routine is generally,

"support the troops sir, help the hero's, the government won't help sir will you sir? Help the Hero's of Blair's wars?

They were in the White River Complex every time I went there for the last 6-8weeks.

I've always felt uncomfortable with it, just a gut instinct I suppose, plus the fact these fellas are not wearing any accreditation I D, these fellas are nothing like the usual HFH people you see in S/market doorways with the usual stickers, arm bands paraphirnalia.
I don't know if I'm being paranoid or what?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Why :censored: ? Gail.
(Were you meaning me ? Or the thieving bucket rattlers. )
I knew of an old woman Salvation Army collector. She used to go around the local pubs. One night in the Walnut Tree pub, at Sandal , she was caught taking money out of her rattler. In the ladies loos . Takes all sorts I suppose.
I chose who I give to. I don't like people bucket rattling when I'm going out of the supermarket or shopping centre.
I was led to believe they weren't supposed to ask you or rattle them anyway? :p

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Why :censored: ? Gail.
(Were you meaning me ? Or the thieving bucket rattlers. )
I knew of an old woman Salvation Army collector. She used to go around the local pubs. One night in the Walnut Tree pub, at Sandal , she was caught taking money out of her rattler. In the ladies loos . Takes all sorts I suppose.
I chose who I give to. I don't like people bucket rattling when I'm going out of the supermarket or shopping centre.
I was led to believe they weren't supposed to ask you or rattle them anyway? :p

Er, I think the 'despicable' was a comment on the original link from Shiftzz, and not about your good self???

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I'm sure when he gets into to jail there will be many waiting for him and he WILL get what's coming to him. I don't often make my feeling known but: May he rot in hell.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The only little nags I have concern the organiser of HFH and his good lady wife, (Bryn and Emma Parry), charge the charity around £200,000 a year in 'consultancy fees'. Also, it is not a popular charity with some serving service personnel, as wounded men have before today been refused help, citing a 'lack of money' as the reason.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Everything the b*****d owns including his home should be sold then they should hang him.
We've been through the horrors of PTSD with a family member 3 years after coming back from Afghanistan and it's horrendous.
I hope the thieving scum rots in hell.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The only little nags I have concern the organiser of HFH and his good lady wife, (Bryn and Emma Parry), charge the charity around £200,000 a year in 'consultancy fees'. Also, it is not a popular charity with some serving service personnel, as wounded men have before today been refused help, citing a 'lack of money' as the reason.

This is very true and is one of the reasons I removed the link at the bottom of my signature. I used to do a lot of sponsorship stuff for HFH, but now I still support them, but not as I used to. They still do a great job, but like many businesses they now have great overheads and money gets lost in the pot holes.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The media have been banned from naming his home town for fear of reprisals however Crediton comes up on 192.com needs his middle initial though should anyone need a precise address.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Consultancy fees.
Yeah, ok.
Wages by another name.
Many "consultants" make a fortune from donations in good faith to HFH.
This is the main reason I support the traditional forces charities like Ssafa, Abf and Rbl.
They always have done good work for ex servicemen across the board, not just on high profile projects.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time

Thank you Toot, I didn't know that was the case, I've given a good few bob to the HTH in the past, thinking that I was helping the Vets, and taking nothing in return!
Really peed off now, that I've been rewarding the Parry's lifestyle!

How can these people sleep of a night?

Maggots!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thank you Toot, I didn't know that was the case, I've given a good few bob to the HTH in the past, thinking that I was helping the Vets, and taking nothing in return!
Really peed off now, that I've been rewarding the Parry's lifestyle!

How can these people sleep of a night?

Maggots!

Got to be honest, I too raised sponsorship through Combat Stress, wore the wristband, 'T' shirts etc, car sticker.........Then a friends brother told me a sad tale, (which I wont relate on here, it got me blo**y mad), now I would rather give to the RBL, or SAFA, as John says.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Got to be honest, I too raised sponsorship through Combat Stress, wore the wristband, 'T' shirts etc, car sticker.........Then a friends brother told me a sad tale, (which I wont relate on here, it got me blo**y mad), now I would rather give to the RBL, or SAFA, as John says.
I'm still serving and we don't support HFH at all. While they do a good job, when they can be bothered and for the right publicity, they're just too large now. They spend more money on stationary than a lot of other charities make in a year. They pay excessive "wages" to the wrong people and abuse the word "charity"

Used to be that they cared far more than now, but it's changed in our books. People give generously and for that the services are truly grateful, but I wonder if they believe that the all the money is going to the cause.

I give to people like BLESMA (British Limbless Ex Serviceman's Association), or British Legion etc.

Please keep giving generously, only take a long look at who's bucket you're putting your hard earned cash into :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I give to people like BLESMA (British Limbless Ex Sevivemans Association

A very worthy cause. :clap::clap:

I must admit that when I was quite ill two years ago, the War Pensions People informed the RBL. A chap came round to see me(us), and the result was a fantastic holiday in one of their five star hotels in Southport. They call them 'poppy breaks'. Almost cried with gratitude. Treated us like royalty for two weeks, and I was able to sleep properly for the first time in months.
My honest and undying gratitude to the RBL. :crying1::crying1:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
A very worthy cause. :clap::clap:

I must admit that when I was quite ill two years ago, the War Pensions People informed the RBL. A chap came round to see me(us), and the result was a fantastic holiday in one of their five star hotels in Southport. They call them 'poppy breaks'. Almost cried with gratitude. Treated us like royalty for two weeks, and I was able to sleep properly for the first time in months.
My honest and undying gratitude to the RBL. :crying1::crying1:
Exactly how it should be too. Can't praise the RBL high enough. There seems to be no end to their wonderful deeds :)

Gets my vote any day (y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Does/ can, anyone guide me through the chapter and verse of the "law" regarding Charity "collectors" shaking buckets? calling out? the whys and wherefores? The Law that covers this kind of thing?
Are they allowed to??????
They are not supposed to????
Charity Muggers? "chuggers!"

All advice would be mucho appreciated .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread