Help for Full Timers with no place to pitch | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Help for Full Timers with no place to pitch

Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
New July 2015
I have just sent the below to the C&MC via email:

Whilst I can fully understand the clubs actions, in respect of closures to stop people travelling and the spread of the virus. However I do not feel that appropriate thought has been given to those UK nationals that live fulltime in their Motorhome etc or to the Foreign nationals who are currently in the UK and now with almost no where to stay.

We are currently in our self-imposed isolation in Romania on a small family run campsite. Should Romanian campsites take the same action I dread to think how we might manage.

Some sites should remain open to cater for the aforementioned people and those that are already on sites fitting those I have described should be allowed to stay.

Yours Faithfull

Robert Clark

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 78F
Exp
Since June 2014 - learning something new all the time
I just had a call from the family who thought they were going to be evicted from their caravan site at any minute, to say that the site manager has agreed from them (and others) to stay on the site until they are ordered by the Government to do so.

This may help others, if they speak to their site managers

Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
since 2018
I wish I was a bit younger (and fitter😄) as I quite fancy a bash at doing this, heyho! not to be

meanwhile any full timers wanting a refill and an empty just pm me, we are in Normanton West Yorks

cheers and stay safe everyone

Al 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2017
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Low profile
Exp
Since 2017
I am a full timer in Oxfordshire, I had to leave ccc site this morning as I couldn’t extend my booking.

I work for a government space facility in the area. And now classed as essential staff for keeping the facility running. If anyone knows of a solution in south Oxfordshire I would be very great full!
.Adam

Robert Clark

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 78F
Exp
I am a full timer in Oxfordshire, I had to leave ccc site this morning as I couldn’t extend my booking.

I work for a government space facility in the area. And now classed as essential staff for keeping the facility running. If anyone knows of a solution in south Oxfordshire I would be very great full!
.Adam
Could you park at work until things calm down ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
Hi Jim
We live on the Staffordshire, Shropshire border rural location (a hamlet)we have room on our drive for an extra motorhome with hookup if required 4 miles from nearest shops.Mobile signal not good!
We are happy to help if required
Tony & Patricia

Get in touch with me if you want to be put in touch

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
Hello.

We are on a site up in the Falkirk/Denny area.

There are 3 or 4 pitches here on a non CL site.

Anyone stuck for a pitch call me.
Contact me if you are interested in this and I will put you in touch.

Nov 18, 2011
Funster No

.Adam
have you asked to stay on there car park or grassed aria social exclusion within there ground less chance of taking it to work
bill

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
beautiful kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
just wondering if some britstops/pubs etc with access to grey/black waste and fresh water might welcome a fulltimer there, could be helpful to them as unofficial security as they are now shut..

could possibly be breaking some rulez or whatever but as these are exceptional times could be overlooked..
coomon sense and empathy has to prevail..

probably haven't explained this well but am sure you get the gist..

Dec 24, 2014
West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Since 1999
Seriously, if you're on a farm or CL type of site and they are required to evict you would it be feasible to sell the m/h temporarily to the site owner for a pound and stay in it til the restrictions are lifted?(Then buy it back, obviously).

Apr 11, 2017
Earby Lancs.
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I wish I was a bit younger (and fitter😄) as I quite fancy a bash at doing this, heyho! not to be

meanwhile any full timers wanting a refill and an empty just pm me, we are in Normanton West Yorks

cheers and stay safe everyone

Al 👍
As Al says I also can offer dump and refill, I'm in the Colne area of Lancashire.
PS there are a couple of "quiet spots" near here, I'm only a PM away.
Phil

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Seriously, if you're on a farm or CL type of site and they are required to evict you would it be feasible to sell the m/h temporarily to the site owner for a pound and stay in it til the restrictions are lifted?(Then buy it back, obviously).
I can’t see the point of that.
Just don’t charge officially and get a waiver signed if anything happens the farmer etc arnt liable.

That might be one way around it.

If I had a cl or cs I would just let people stay.
Making it clear not to come into physical contact with me and mine.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby Lancs.
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
started Oct. 2016

.Adam
Is the works carpark not an option?
Phil

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I can give a road that is reasonably quiet and I have outside dump and water facility.

No need to get closer than 5 feet of me if you don’t wish to 😊

I’m not going to put specific location and would need prior contact regarding dumping etc

Cheltenham area

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is use on a CS, we had hoped we could stay.
but no, owners have just had CCC on the phone to say we have to leave tonigh, which is not going to happen.
so we have to find somewhere to go, preferably in Bedfordshire.
CC858828-EEDD-4687-BBE3-7AC90A6FF981.jpeg

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
1 year
This is use on a CS, we had hoped we could stay.
but no, owners have just had CCC on the phone to say we have to leave tonigh, which is not going to happen.
so we have to find somewhere to go, preferably in Bedfordshire.
View attachment 371324
Tallington Lakes is open (near Peterborough), although not Bedfordshire it’s not a million miles away. I spoke to them this morning and it sounds like they have no intention of closing.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tallington Lakes is open (near Peterborough), although not Bedfordshire it’s not a million miles away. I spoke to them this morning and it sounds like they have no intention of closing.
Thanks, yes open at the moment but depends on government but told to ring tomorrow, with a view to go there tomorrow.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Hi
Yes, my whippet and I have had to leave Scotland and am currently parked off the A65 in Yorkshire.
Don't know if you are near Ingleton, but the car park at the bus station has two MH spaces at £5 per night( overnight parking rate) IF they haven't closed them
Details on Park4nite
toilets nearby and a large Co-op just around the corner. Might tide you over for a couple of nights till you get something more stable.

Also try and ring Stacksteads Farm just out of Ingleton. The owner is a retired fireman and has a CL and a field where he allows touring caravans to pitch permanently. Edit just checked his website and he is closed until June.
Good Luck.

Barry

Apr 26, 2018
Devon
Funster No
Hi Folks. I'm 72 and in the at risk group, but otherwise fine:giggle:. Just been given notice to quit C&CC Tavistock campsite on Saturday at the end of booking. I've been full-timing for a year and have no alternative accommodation. I'd like to be based close to South Hams/Torbay area, if possible, so I have reasonable access to their health services (if needed). My needs are hookup, water, and grey and black waste. I would be self isolating, with all supplies delivered. Please let me know if anyone knows of any options.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I’m still trying to get my head around the difference between being in a house and in a Moho on a cl/cs and not being in close contact with others.

Other than going shopping or filling up with water or using the dump station.

Robert Clark

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 78F
Exp
I’m still trying to get my head around the difference between being in a house and in a Moho on a cl/cs and not being in close contact with others.

Could be about protecting staff

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

That my thoughts, we’re here why not let us stay, no one else near us.:mad:

Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Johns Cross