Help Finding sites in Gwynedd (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
To try and give something back to the forum, if anyone wants any help with finding free sites etc in Gwynedd then let me know. I live in the Snowdon area. Incidently if you follow the road around you eventually come to the Foryd which is a great place to stay. Have not noticed any 'no parking' signs but I will look. Tom and get some pics.

timbotwitch

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 670
Exp
since 2015
To try and give something back to the forum, if anyone wants any help with finding free sites etc in Gwynedd then let me know. I live in the Snowdon area. Incidently if you follow the road around you eventually come to the Foryd which is a great place to stay. Have not noticed any 'no parking' signs but I will look. Tom and get some pics.

Hi Dafydd

I'd like some tips and pointers on some wild camp places around snowden please?

Many thanks

OP
OP
Dafydd_Cymru
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
snowd_mar2.jpg

timbotwich, so many places. Can I ask have you a dog and do you want long or short term. In the very heart of Snowdon you have side of road parking by Nantgwynant overlooking a lake, ideal for Beddgelert and Snowdon peak. Toilet close by and walks for dogs close by. So many places, any idea where you want to stay? The place above is so quiet at nights. The parking is on the far side in the pic. Llanberis has a huge area to stay, let us know where your thinking of staying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

timbotwitch

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 670
Exp
since 2015
Hi Dafydd,

I know that lake, its the one with the car park and viewing point at the top I think? From where the photo is taken? I'm very familiar with the area and Beddgelert/Porthmadog etc and North Wales in general, Ive been going since I was born, 46 now, but using a motorhome instead of a car and wondering on overnight stays is a different kettle of fish for me.

My ideas are all pretty much overnight stays, two nights maybe at most whilst moving around. Love being by water, the sea and lakes and the old waking up to a view etc and walking too, not too long of a walk though. Not fussed on facilities or hook ups or water availability, got a massive water tank which will last us a week easy and solar on the roof so we can wild camp no problem, we just want to be upsetting anyone by parking in the wrong places if you know what I mean.

We are coming over this weekend on friday till sunday evening.

We have no dogs or kids with us.

Location wise, anywhere you know of around Snowdonia all the way up to the coast ( north and west ). We did a few nights around Anglesey about a month ago.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back