Help Fiat Euro,4 Injection system failure in Spain (1 Viewer)

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Hi,

I filled up with fuel today and the Generic failure light came on (engine oil pressure sensor or inertial fuel cut off switch triggered) after about 10 miles I turned of the engine and restart and it disappeared.
But after about another 30 miles the injection system failure light came on and is staying on after turning the engine on and off, could it be dirty fuel? Read somewhere if the battery is disconnected it will reset if that is the problem.
Fiat 3L euro 4 2010

Thanks
Graeme

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Graeme

You make it sound like the light came on straight after filling with fuel, if it was literally straight out of the fuel station I don't think that would not be enough distance for dirty fuel to get into the filter or is there a pickup and sensor in the tank.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Is the title of this post representative?

It could be one of a number of things, prob time to head for the nearest garage and get it plugged in to the diagnostic machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Hi Graeme

You make it sound like the light came on straight after filling with fuel, if it was literally straight out of the fuel station I don't think that would not be enough distance for dirty fuel to get into the filter or is there a pickup and sensor in the tank.

Martin
Hi Martin
Yes I know what you mean, I had done about 250 miles and it was going great prior to the fuel stop. don't know about the pick up and sensor.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Your title says that the injection system has failed.

This conclusion seems premature. Imho

OP
OP
R

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
That is what the symbol on the dash refers to in the Fiat manual, so if anyone else experienced the same problem and there is quite a few after doing a google search using ISF reference. That is why I used it!! What else could I call it "yellow whats it on the dash" would that suit you?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK silly question time, you did put diesel in didn't you? take the cap off and have a sniff, there has just been an issue with ASDA in the UK putting diesel in the petrol pump or vice versa.

Martin

OP
OP
R

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Yes it was diesel I drove a further 80 miles on less power, it seemed and this morning started it up and everything was back to normal and done 350miles with another fuel stop.

Graeme

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes it was diesel I drove a further 80 miles on less power, it seemed and this morning started it up and everything was back to normal and done 350miles with another fuel stop.

Graeme

Gremlins, they get everywhere. Pleased that it seems to have sorted itself though.

Martin

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It's not the "short lead syndrome" that's been reported on here a few times that's causing the problem is it ? Apparently the injector cabling is too short and it rubs through or disconnects a plug slightly, got to be worth a quick look under the bonnet to check ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back