Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
hi

In Oklahoma on our Route 66 trip. Just pulled in to a site and seem to have confused our levelling system.

I have the blue e and p light and the orange jacks not retracted flashing although they appear to be retracted. The system won't turn off and won't respond to any button presses Manual no help, does anyone have any ideas?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I would suggest that you have missed something like pulling the handbrake on.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Can you cut the power to the unit by pulling the local fuse? and then start over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Definitely not a schoolboy error.

Don't know where the fuse is. Will try and find it, that might reset it I guess. Just tried driving round the site and coming back. Beeps all the time I am driving. No different when I parked up again.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I had a problem today whilst cleaning the roof. I raised the sat dish on Auto so that I could clean it and underneath it. When I retracted it, it came down on my hose pipe so that it didn't really fully close.

I couldn't get it up or down or anything. Finally disconnected the fuse which put it back into set up mode and I was back in business having wasted an hour.

Best of luck.

Griff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The usual advice is "pull the fuse" I believe, but have never had to do it myself, our fuse is close to the pump unit.

Mick is the guy though but not sure he will do a "call out"

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had my E+P system lock up, and Mick advised to pull the fuse which will be in the loom coming out from the pump. So find the pump and pull the fuse that will reset the system. In my case my E+P runs from the Leisure batteries which is N+B way of doing it, Mick connects to the engine start battery. So I just switched the breaker on the leisure battery bank. That reset it. So I had a recurring alarm state when starting up the engine with no obvious reason, ie jacks partially down etc. fortunately a friend of mine had the same issue and identified that the recommended oil level was too low. He had exactly the same issue and topping off his tank to just below the neck solved the problem. So far in 4 weeks I have not had a reoccurrence of the problem, as was my friends case too.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Is there a manual method of pumping that leg up? ... I don't mean "manual" as on the control panel.
Yes there is you have to refer to the manual, in this case I suspect checking the oil level with the jacks up will be a first check when a reset releases the lock out.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I think the oil level will be fine as I had it serviced by Mick at end of March before we left. I will have to try and find the pump/fuse and see if I can sort it that way. Not sure Mick will get my email before Monday morning unless he is working today.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We had the alarm sounding and the jacks stuck down.
As already advised find the fuse near the pump take it out replace and all should be well.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Here's a pic of the fuse in my loom. Have you got Mick's mobile to maybe text him?

I can PM you the number if you wish.

E&P Fuse .jpg

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think the oil level will be fine as I had it serviced by Mick at end of March before we left. I will have to try and find the pump/fuse and see if I can sort it that way. Not sure Mick will get my email before Monday morning unless he is working today.
I have the greatest respect for Mick and he has helped me on 2 occasions. The friend I referred to had an E&P system fitted last year after seeing mine. His was done by another dealer and he had similar issues. The manual says 2-5 cm below the filling hole. He was told that the manual could be wrong and to increase the level. This is done with the jacks up. He did this and has not had another issue. I have done it and no repeats in 4 weeks. If you look at troubleshooting you will see checking oil level under a number of error solutions. It costs just the price of a litre of ATF, if you top up when jacks are up that is max in tank so fill to just below the neck.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sorted!

Mick at SAP phoned - on a Saturday and in a day when he was flying off in holiday - gave me instructions and said his phone would be in all weekend and to phone him if I had a problem. He is a star!

The answer as mentioned earlier was to take the fuse out for three seconds and replace it then after that IMMEDIATELY retract the legs. Then do the levelling.

I then worried about where to find the fuse but then had one of those 'you idiot' moments. My control panel in the RS has a battery guard button fitted. Press and hold it and everything is disconnected from power. Didn't need to find the fuse. Used the battery guard, waited three seconds and turned it back on. The panel cleared, I retracted the legs and then successfully levelled. Job done! Which also meant I didn't have to empty the garage to find the pump and fuse etc.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorted!

Mick at SAP phoned - on a Saturday and in a day when he was flying off in holiday - gave me instructions and said his phone would be in all weekend and to phone him if I had a problem. He is a star!.

A star or a fool in equal measures but either way "top man".

Got your sorted though, at least you wouldn't be stuck a long way from home:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Crackin club this ain't it? Pleased for you..................

Griff
Absolutely the best!

My first post in this must have been past midnight UK time and I was still getting advice plus Kick Leightley's mobile number when I needed it.

Funsters are heroes!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back