Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
We have a 2012 3.0L Arto 79L.

Today our hab door lock has stopped working. The lower lock mechanism won’t open to accept the bar that’s on the frame.

I’ve taken off the inner cover and, as far as I can see, everything is working correctly mechanically, and the solenoid motors seem to engage and operate ok.

The ‘c’ shaped piece of metal that grabs the bar seems to be over rotated so that it’s either in the ‘lock’ position (2nd pic), or in an even more closed position (first pic). I think it should move between the ‘open’ position and ‘lock’ position.

I can’t see anything blocking it’s motion, or any way to remove and check it (the pivot seems to be riveted in position).

We can just about get the door secured by forcing it to engage the top catch, but it’s obviouslu]y not ideal.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Chris
7E8B8B27-F61A-4DF7-A23B-D11D5861F747.jpeg
00D67C33-BF34-401C-9FD0-47E57E66D937.jpeg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know if this will help but the problem seems similar to a problem I had with a Berlingo tailgate lock about 10 years ago. It would unlock OK but would only lock if the car was on a slope. It turned out that a small spring, which opened the ‘c’ shaped piece of metal fully had broken. I actually fixed it with a rubber band temporarily.

OP
OP
chenderson1965

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
Thanks, but it’s not a return spring issue.

It won’t even return to the open position with some fairly heavy persuasion from a screwdriver. Something definitely seems to be blocking it but I can’t see an obstruction or a way to dismantle the mechanism to examine it more carefully.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back