Help! Dashboard light gone potty! (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years
Arrived at campsite, after an hour and a hakf drive, set up and had a cup of tea then decided the van wasn't level. Switched the ignition on and had an array of flashing warning lights on the dash, some I've never seen before. Most go out but the light for the battery, a dripping oil can and the engine management light stays on until I turn off the ignition. Ive chevked the oil level and it is fine. Anyone have any idea what is going on. The van is a 2010 Autotrail Dakota on a Fiat Ducati.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Could be that the Instrument cluster has gone tits up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F
Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years
Yes it will start, and I unplugged the ehu and the same display was showing. It only has the factory fitted imobiliser which should go off with ignition - I think, but never had any bother with that.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Have you got cruise control switched on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
When was the oil last changed and was the service logged into the system?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Try key out, lock / unlock and start again

it has fixed odd things for me in the past and is an easy and cheap fix if it works 👍

OP
OP
F
Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
3 years
Van was serviced about a month ago oil changed etc but since then only taken out for about a twenty minute drive to top up battery until this trip. Will phone Green Flag on Friday to take us back the garage that did the service. I spoke to them yesterday and they think it could just be a loose wire or something. Hope they are right I keep seeing pound signs flashing before my eyes. I hope it's not going to be something thst will.mean being ' vanless' for weeks as we have just been let loose. Thanks to everyone who left comments. This site is brilliant, you all got us out of a few scrapes when we were in France in what seems like years ago now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back