help crank up dish (1 Viewer)

D

dobby

Deleted User
help! can any 1 tell me if the uk crank up sat dish works the same as the us 1s as that are cheaper over there . Or has any 1 got adish system 4 sale:Sad:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi dobby
I have a fully automatic american sat system and it wont work in Europe without modifications
As far as Im aware you would have to replace the LNB as that will be tuned in for US satalites only, the size of LNBs are not all standard so some maufacturing may be reqd, is the saving that great with shipping to warrant playing with one
Geo
PS just noticed its your first post
Welcome to the FUN site

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I have only ever bought in from US. and the shock was when I got the extra bill for Import duty and the UK VAT.

Takes away the cheapness.:ROFLMAO:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dobby

Deleted User
Thanks for the friendly welcome! Another question for you. Do you know what you#d have to do to be able to use the internet via your sat dish. We met a guy whilst touring who had it via his dish, but as he was german, we struggled to communicat so it was difficult to understand the translation!

OP
OP
D

dobby

Deleted User
supper chip 4 28jtd ducato

can some 1 tell me were the cheapist place to get a supper chip 4 my 2001 ducato 28jtd is or a tell num ta:winky:

OP
OP
D

dobby

Deleted User
hi can any 1 tell me how tp put another question or thred ta

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Dont know where I saw it but it was a double LNB one for sky and one for internet. dont know price or any more.:ROFLMAO:

Don:rollonfloor:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dobby
Check out the Motorhome shows for offers of chipping, £250 £350 ish, you have to be there to take advantage of these offers they do it on site, failing that try
e bay or wait for someone whos had it done to reply

If your looking to save money on a Sat dish you wont go anywhere near internet conection via a dish ,you are talking MEGGA bucks, hardly worth it now with all the cheap conection methods available
new post/questions
Go to main page select a forum from the list on the left (one that you think your question belongs in) dont worry if you pick the wrong one, ADmin will sort it, after selecting the forum at the top left you will se a new post button, click it,give you podt a title and post in the window below that then select submit, its always good to give a clue in the title so the right people will try and answer it,
for example dont just type HELP WANTED type Help With Satelite Wanted etc:thumb:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
help! can any 1 tell me if the uk crank up sat dish works the same as the us 1s as that are cheaper over there . Or has any 1 got adish system 4 sale:Sad:

:Cool: My Newmar came fitted with a Winegard Wind Up Sagtellite Dish. Because it had an OLD LNB fitted I had to change it for a standard Universal LNB. Works great. :winky:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back