JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
hi guys just pulled the MH from storage and it has developed a problem. The control panel (NE183-mate) is showing as "no connection" and will not power the hab area. I have tried disconnecting the data cable from the panel and from the fus box also disconnected the leisure battery. All to no avail and I'm out of ideas. We are supposed to be doing new year at Longleat too! Any areas would be welcome

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Not sure tbh but is now on hook up so will see in a couple of hours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Once on ehu though shouldn't that power it up? Is it worth replacing the leisure battery?

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
A few weeks ago, they leisure and cab batteries were both dead and I neede to jump it. Both had appeared to charge after though and I left it on EHU for a few days with the heating on and it seemed ok. It has been in storage for the past 2-3 weeks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
any battery will charge but how long they actually hold that charge once the charger is removed is a different story. Modern vans can end up with flat batteries after a period in storage unless they have decent solar to keep them topped up. Radio and alarm will take a fair bit.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Once on ehu though shouldn't that power it up? Is it worth replacing the leisure battery?

See what happens after a few hours on charge, will you have EHU where you are going?

If it recovers overnight and you will have EHU I would risk it rather than rushing to change something you might not need, even the drive to where you are going will give another boost

But that said, for peace of mind if you have £100 left in the kitty after Christmas, it wouldn't do any harm to change it just in case :)

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
With most places shut before I leave on Tuesday, battery options are limited to Halfords
They do a 115a leisure battery which I can get for £80

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That sounds like a bargain and it will be of decent quality too :xThumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
try buying it off Halfords click and reserve on line, I think they are having a sale and it may be cheaper than just going into shop -you can pick it up almost as soon as you res it
terry
edit don't bother just looked,it's £89 on line

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Swapped the battery for the Halfords 115ah one (£80.10 with my British Cycling discount) .... and no change :xsad:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
In our Swift the control panel has a small baterry inside, the type we put in our remote control fobs, it may be worth checking it out.

Eric

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just replaced the coin cell and no change... keep the ideas coming :xangry:

Was looking forward to Longleat but its looking like a hotel stay in Bath now

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Got a sparky friend on his way to see if there is current inflow to the battery terminals on EHU... failing that, it will be a trip to my local guys (Towtal)

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I cant find any blown ones. After being on EHU for a while, the display shows both the hab/cab batteries as 0 volts i.e. discharged but the van starts no problem and the leisure battery is definitely charged.

OP
OP
JSH

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hmmm... checked continuity on data OK and slight voltage increase at battery terminals when on EHU so ruled out charger. Exposed the fuse board out to visually check - all OK. Pulled one of the power connectors off the fuse board and plugged it back in and Bingo!

Confusing because I had disconnected EHU and battery yesterday for an hour which should be enough to discharge the whole system.

Hey ho.... the vagaries of Motorhome electrics! :xblink:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Well done glad your sorted

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bugger, beat me to it ( but well done ! )
When you disconnected originally did you pull out the button battery too ? Those boards get very confused with them selves and the only way to reset is to do as you did ( including removing the battery which you did by replacing it )
Glad you got it sussed out ! :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back