Flyballfan1

Free Member
Jun 11, 2017
Lydbrook
Funster No
MH
Fiat kontiki
Exp
Planning first trip with my kontiki motorhome on weekend with my daughter who is 3 and 2 dogs
Anyone have any tips on what I should pack and what I should check before we leave
Thankyou:)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Welcome!
Leave fear and confusion behind. Just take a good supply of adventure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Trying to be a little more helpful:

I hope you already have a good idea about the essentials you’ll need but try to be minimalist and avoid ‘contingencies’ as you’re unlikely to need them.

No need for a cork screw, screw-topped bottles are more practical, and you could always borrow one from a neighbouring camper (it seems that everyone else will already have one).

Create a check-list (or three) of the things you’ll need. You can amend these as you plan and in the light of experience. Lists will be different, and personal, depending on the nature of each trip.

Let us know any specific concerns and we may be able to help you more directly.

Relax and have a good time. You’ll soon become an ‘old hand’ like everyone else.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you are a complete beginner, try a night out on the drive first. It’s a lot easier to pop back in for something that you overlooked.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Trying to be a little more helpful:

I hope you already have a good idea about the essentials you’ll need but try to be minimalist and avoid ‘contingencies’ as you’re unlikely to need them.

No need for a cork screw, screw-topped bottles are more practical, and you could always borrow one from a neighbouring camper (it seems that everyone else will already have one).

Create a check-list (or three) of the things you’ll need. You can amend these as you plan and in the light of experience. Lists will be different, and personal, depending on the nature of each trip.

Let us know any specific concerns and we may be able to help you more directly.

Relax and have a good time. You’ll soon become an ‘old hand’ like everyone else.
Screw top bottles rare in France and Spain.

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello :pink:
food and drink for you child and dogs, bedding ditto, toys for child and dogs and some form of entertainment for yourself especially if your daughter goes to bed early. I usually take a 5 L bottle of water for drinking, but fill up on site. a torch may be useful too. oh towels t towels and toiletries. And if the little one has a favourite bed toy a 50 mile round trip to collect it can be a pain.
Money and a credit/cash card. if you forget something you can't borrow from another camper if you really need it you can always buy it.
Enjoy your first trip.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Check what the maximum axle weight is and don't overload it. Don't just keep piling stuff in and think it will be ok. Water and Fuel weigh a lot and then the driver and passengers and dogs all add up to the total load. If its overloaded and you have an accident then you may find your insurance company will not want to know.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back