HELP! Buying new and have payload question (1 Viewer)

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi there all, I’m buying a brand new Roller Team 756 and I’m concerned by the payload. I have expressed these concerns with the dealer and they have today sent me the below image of a weight check done on the specific vehicle that I’m buying. I’m struggling to work out what the actual MRO number is based on the actual weight. The spec details are MRO 3058kg but from what I can understand on this sheet this is under….thoughts? By the way I know it will be a little tight for 2 adults and an 8 year old but willing to go light-ish for a while until I take C1 test and upplate to 3,850 or possibly 3,950 but thanks to Covid this is unlikely to be until next year. So light-ish is one thing but having to leave the wife or son behind might not go down too well!!!!

14314D4B-0EA9-4BB2-AEB1-87ADEFFC5104.jpeg

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Thanks again, Jonno; that's very detailed and enormously helpful! I'll update my list again.

The gas bottles I was referring to were 11kg x 2 [I left a Spanish Gas Bottle + a 7kg Bottle in France in Feb 2020 but had weight details for empty Bottle & gas repectively, so just grossed up the weight and rounded the figure up]. My caravan leisure battery weighed 16kg [unless I recorded the weight incorrectly; it has been known ...], but I hope to use only one and switch to gas and/or solar as needed.

We're pretty frugal with leccy usage and have low wattage everything, not by virtue, but by necessity from our Folding Caravan exploits. But, if we do go mad, the extra leisure battery weight wil be neutralised by my over allowance for the canopy.

So we should be OK within 600Kg, and we can then return to the weighbridge to get updated actual figures for the new motorhome and reduce the number of assumptions. I was just really worried that we were going to make a really expensive mistake and have a motorhome that we could neither use nor be safe in.

I'm an anal retentive and former Bank employee from the pre-computer/pre-credit score era, so 'Belt, braces and sock suspenders' is my natural approach and the Bank Training just developed and reinforced it. I'm a riot on a night out [Victoria Wood on Parties: 'I'm the one who ends up drinking own label Lambrusco on the landing, talking to the geek in the short sleeved Fair Isle pullover about how interesting and cost effective it was doing your own conveyancing ...']. I have no recollection of the encounter ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Great thread and the normal vast array of responses.

Just a thought - assume the family is not set to increase - or any forthcoming animal purchases, 😜

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Download the resource invantory 2
A spread sheet to play with what if and loading
All open to play with.

Or this one, which helps you keep track of actual axle loads as you add or remove things after you have weighed the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Great thread and the normal vast array of responses.

Just a thought - assume the family is not set to increase - or any forthcoming animal purchases, 😜
No plans for animals, kids or grandkids. Pure Victor Meldrew mode for the two of us. New Fridge Control Panel fitted today, so now we can begin to load all the remaining stuff and think about an overnight stay or two somewhere ... Looks like the Pioneer Satnav SD Card is gubbed so I might just get a Tom Tom or Garmin standalone Campervan version that can be taken indoors when the weather worsens. Suspect 6 months of cold, damp and a tiny amount of heat has killed the SD Card.

2nd COVID jags tomorrow [same Centre but 3 hours between mine and Elaine's, and NO ability to combine the slots!] and after that, we MIGHT be good to go. Or something else might get in the way of these meticulous plans ... :rolleyes: (y)

Steve

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
No plans for animals, kids or grandkids. Pure Victor Meldrew mode for the two of us. New Fridge Control Panel fitted today, so now we can begin to load all the remaining stuff and think about an overnight stay or two somewhere ... Looks like the Pioneer Satnav SD Card is gubbed so I might just get a Tom Tom or Garmin standalone Campervan version that can be taken indoors when the weather worsens. Suspect 6 months of cold, damp and a tiny amount of heat has killed the SD Card.

2nd COVID jags tomorrow [same Centre but 3 hours between mine and Elaine's, and NO ability to combine the slots!] and after that, we MIGHT be good to go. Or something else might get in the way of these meticulous plans ... :rolleyes: (y)

Steve
Have you looked at the various phone based Sat/Nav apps? Roadlords seems to work OK. Waze is good, but no motor home option for vehicle use.
Others use google maps, and eyes peeled for narrow road and low bridge warning signs.
Mike

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Have you looked at the various phone based Sat/Nav apps? Roadlords seems to work OK. Waze is good, but no motor home option for vehicle use.
Others use google maps, and eyes peeled for narrow road and low bridge warning signs.
Mike
Not looked at the Apps in any depth, Mike. It's another consideration. One day we'll be able just to load up and go for a wee break!

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
This is super helpful thank you, we got the Motorhome weighed today by the dealer and it came in at 3030 this included all standard and optional extras that have been fitted including awning, tracker and TV as well as cables, a gas bottle and 1/3 tank of fuel but no driver so I’m thinking with your estimates we may be good until I uprate it when I do C1.
id say thats unworkable if you fil;l the tank up that probably 60 kgs gone so 410, left ,three people say 140 kg thats with no clothes shoes food cooking utensils personel belongings kids toys

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back