Help. Broken part advice needed on obtaining spare. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Had a bit of a distributor today, noticed water underneath cooker and upon investigation found the cause was the sink drainer connector above, which as you can see from the picture has had it and so we now have no sink until I can get a spare. We are on the move in Portugal and currently at Foz Do Arelho and will be in Porto by Friday. Not returning home until end of June and wild carming until then. I would welcome advice on how to deal with my dilemma. Thanks in advance.
20170517_190944.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Looks like the same part that went on my Carthago. I would suggest that quite a few MH manufacturers use this part so should be fairly available throughout Europe.

I got my replacement from Chris at parts@premiermotorhomes.uk He is aware of the manufacturer of this part - unfortunately, I can't remember the source.

Suggest you try the local Portuguese MH dealers. Your pic seems to show it's not fixable. My unit just had a crack on the perimeter flange.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We took our old one into a motorhome repairers/dealer and they had one to fit. We were near Tranche-sur-mer in France, so not really much help to you! I'm sure there must be a repairers somewhere near where you are in Portugal.

Denise

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Is the drainer separate to the sink?

If its attached put some self almalgame tape over the outlet

Or find a stream to do the washing up or buy paper plates :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Looks like one of .
Check the sink hole and outlet pipe dimensions, there are quite a few available, but this looks like a good match from you pic.
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like one of .
Check the sink hole and outlet pipe dimensions, there are quite a few available, but this looks like a good match from you pic.
Cheers
Ed
I've been on the net and there's loads of different sizes and I don't have a tape measure. It's not a show stopper just an inconvenience and hopefully we will resolve in the coming days.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just take it in to one of the numerous hardware stores and you're bound to find a suitable replacement.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you DO still intend to use the sink, for goodness sake put a load of gaffer tape over the hole as you know you'll forget the outlet has been removed and poor water into the sink ... :D

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Nip up the road to Sao Martinho, there is a massive site there and they sell some bits. The site is at the end of the bay, on the right before you get into the town

Otherwise, going in to Caldas Da Rainha, there is an AKI, a Bricomarche and a place called Mechalvina (in the industrial zone).

Or

Campsite Orbitur Foz do Arelho - Caldas de Rainha GPS [lat,long]: 39.431007,-9.201440

Looks similar to a shallow shower drain

Good luck

Quick PS: I will be in Foz around 7/8th June and can always bring one out and meet you if desperate

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Nip up the road to Sao Martinho, there is a massive site there and they sell some bits. The site is at the end of the bay, on the right before you get into the town

Otherwise, going in to Caldas Da Rainha, there is an AKI, a Bricomarche and a place called Mechalvina (in the industrial zone).

Or

Campsite Orbitur Foz do Arelho - Caldas de Rainha GPS [lat,long]: 39.431007,-9.201440

Looks similar to a shallow shower drain

Good luck

Quick PS: I will be in Foz around 7/8th June and can always bring one out and meet you if desperate
Many kind thanks but will be on the Spanish coast then and edging home. I'll definitly try the campsite in Foz as it's just up the road and the owner here, about to close for the night said chat in the morning. I have also found a dealer 27 k North of Porto and hopefully get lucky with one of these options. Last resort will be to ship one out from the uk to friends were meeting up with in two weeks time.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
No worries. We'll probably end up passing each other on the way!

Good luck with the site at Foz, they're a friendly bunch. Otherwise Sao Martinho is 10 minutes up the road, well worth a visit anyway (best ice cream and only milk shake parlour you'll find for 100 miles, right on the sea front)

Safe travels

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A kind offer, thank you. However, 1. I'm on the move and unable to supply a delivery address and 2. Not quite convinced this is the right size. I am grateful for Funster help. One of the reasons this forum stands head and shoulders above others.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
When did you start washing Phil!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.