Help! Anyone fitted Schaudt LR1218 Solar to Electroblok on Hymer of similar. (1 Viewer)

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Has anyone fitted a Schaudt LR 1218 to Electroblok EBL 101 (Hymer 564 B Class 2007)
I was advised twice yesterday at the Stafford Show by 'experts'. One suggested connecting using a standard solar MPPT controller direct to the battery. (no readouts on Schaudt panel) and the other said that the LR 1218 wouldn't handle 2x100w panels. ( he was selling MPPT controllers).
Fairly urgent help request, as they are going to be fitted this week.

Thanks!

Brian.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The LR1218 PWM regulator can handle 18 amps charging current so 2 x 100 watt panels should not be a problem. It is possible to fit a suitable MPPT regulator with connections to the EBL. For this you need an appropriate wiring harness with a signal cable in order to display the charge state on the Hymer control panel. That may also be dependant on using a suitable regulator. There was a post about this recently where a Funster had contacted Udo Lang at Shaudt and got a definitive answer about using a suitable MPPT regulator (3-4 weeks ago maybe). However, I have a 135 watt panel connected to an EBL99 via a LR1218 and have been very happy with the results. Whatever you fit, you might want to ensure it is a twin-battery solar regulator so that it can charge the starter battery too via the link to the EBL. The LR1218 does this. It comes with comprehensive fitting instructions and a selection of wiring harnesses to suit different EBLs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Schaudt web site say maximum current 18 amps so I would have thought 200 watt would be OK.

Broken Link Removed

If you use the site search function you will see quite a lot of people have uses this regulator. Edit And JeanLuc was one of them and he beat me to the reply.

Martin

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Brian, it's the best way, easy to fit, comes with all the interconnects and gives better results. We have just spent a week without hookup and the batteries we back up to full by mid morning. The 'experts' just want to sell you what they make the most profit on.

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back