Help again with our B****** heating controls. (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Learn to use the search facility.
To help, look for "Truma iNet Ready upgrade? Is it easy?".

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I fitted a CPlus to our last van it kept falling over when the timer was set, a software update cured it. No problems with the current van (2017).
Are you sure it was the CPlus that was falling over and not you 'cause you was sozzled! :LOL:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Might be worth having a look at:

If you find out how to get the system to control the heating temp +- 0.5'C let me know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Might be worth having a look at:

If you find out how to get the system to control the heating temp +- 0.5'C let me know

Mine works very well on temperature control I think it depends on how good the installation is, also have you set up the offset to suit your van.

That video give you the basics but fails to tell you how useless the ECO setting is & that the boost turns off the heating while heating the water. Also didn't explain with the fan on ECO it is really an auto setting where the fan speed automatically adjusts where as in HIGH it just runs flat out.
Also no mention of the OFFSET or Timer.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Mine works very well on temperature control I think it depends on how good the installation is, also have you set up the offset to suit your van.

That video give you the basics but fails to tell you how useless the ECO setting is & that the boost turns off the heating while heating the water. Also didn't explain with the fan on ECO it is really an auto setting where the fan speed automatically adjusts where as in HIGH it just runs flat out.
Also no mention of the OFFSET or Timer.
Agree re vid, but posted with the view the OP does a bit of research on utube to answer some of there Qs.

Vis our new MH with inet very different from our older kontiki 679.

Going to get the dealer to recheck the system as unless on gas or a 4'c differential between set point and process variable on mix it doesnt do much.

System hysferisis seems to be excessive. Looks to work better on gas than electric or mix.

Yes have tried setting offset but hysferisis or lack of fan speed on Eco is the issue.

Unless someone knows a fix

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree re vid, but posted with the view the OP does a bit of research on utube to answer some of there Qs.

Vis our new MH with inet very different from our older kontiki 679.

Going to get the dealer to recheck the system as unless on gas or a 4'c differential between set point and process variable on mix it doesnt do much.

System hysferisis seems to be excessive. Looks to work better on gas than electric or mix.

Yes have tried setting offset but hysferisis or lack of fan speed on Eco is the issue.

Unless someone knows a fix
The hysteresis is only relavant to the ECO hot water setting.
My heating on ECO fan speed stays on full blast until van is up to temp then gradually slows down to a wimper can't even hear it but keeps the van temp very stable.
A lot does depend on the install, we have 4 vents in the cab area and vents on top of the dash in front of the screen & one by the hab door. Rear end has one central vent, vent in shower & the washroom and vents all along the side of each bed and all the ducting is in the double floor keeping the floor warm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
My heating on ECO fan speed stays on full blast until van is up to temp then gradually slows down to a wimper can't even hear it but keeps the van temp very stable.
A lot does depend on the install, we have 4 vents in the cab area and vents on top of the dash in front of the screen & one by the hab door. Rear end has one central vent, vent in shower & the washroom and vents all along the side of each bed and all the ducting is in the double floor keeping the floor warm.
Aahh

Ours just about puts out a detectable air flow unless languish differential and the gas burner kicks in. Hence going back to the dealer to sort.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Would further add that Hysteresis is the differential between switch on and switch off. where say the heating has a set point of 21'C and switches off at 22'C but doesn't turn back on till temp falls to 20'C. +/- 1'C. So the differential of 2'C feels quite a lot to the human body, expect home heating thermostat to work within +/- 0.5'C

Not wishing to pinch the thread, just to clarify why think there is a problem. Say set the heating (winter) overnight to 16'C water on Hot.
In the morning the temp is just under set point and flashing to say below set point as is the hot water symbol. Turn up the setpoint for the heating and little happens until to have a setpoint about 4'C above the room temp, whereupon the gas kicks in fan speed picks up and warm air circulates.
Once it gets going there is a bit of overshoot and the gas cuts off fan slows down and temp slowly falls in the MH to the point where you notice and increase the set point to get the heat back on. Tis a slow process but frustrating.

May think that the low hot water temp has priority over the heating but even when hot water is ok the symptoms are the same.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back