Help/Advice rear lights on Carthago (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Ayone know how the red plastic covers on the rear light cluster of the C Tourers are fixed? I noticed the inside edge of one side is not fully fixed on its vertical inside edge- but can't see any fixing/adhesive as such that has come away.
Does this cover come off to get at lights to change bulbs? Or is it permanently fixed?
Put a photo on to help
Thanks for any responses

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 40

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
If its like the liners which look the similar you have to pull out the rear moulding upwards until the fastening clip can be seen. Dont use a tool to do this. Press clip[ downwards and continue to pull down.
light.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
It's only a guess......but if you unscrew all the lenses, perhaps they fix to an internal metal frame which holds the surround in place ???

Edit: the method in post #2 looks more logical.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I was wondering the same as OP, there are no visible screws holding lenses on, so it must be a prise off job, but how?... I dont know,:unsure: so watching with interest.
& No I haven't consulted the manual yet, surely that's a last resort option.:LOL:
LES

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On our Chic C line they were pull off if I remember correctly

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Thanks very much for all responses - picture/info in manual is useful - The Carthago manual we have just lists what the lights are - as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
The photo in the manual i think is a bit different to ours? I did a google search and it came up with another forum that was suggesting it pulls up ...........but I think the plastic cover/moulding on ours is different?
Always wary about pulling something off -particulary plastic - unless certain it pulls off, and if they pull off - then what would hold them secure when putting back on? I can see behind the edge that is loose and there doesn't appear to be anything for it to fix/clip to.
The three light lenses have 2 screws in each lense - so it may well be possible to remove these to change the bulbs without removing the plastic moulding - but it would be tight - not wanting to start prising things off just yet - as only small problem that I would like to sort/ put back in position - perhaps someone with similar model will be along to say exactly whats what?
Cheers
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlisonS

Free Member
Apr 14, 2021
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT580
Exp
Since 2019
Did you manage to remove the light unit in the end? We have the same unsolved puzzle. Our manual gives the same instructions as posted by Gazz April 22, but the cover doesn't move upwards very easily and I daren't use too much force and crack the plastic as I know someone else has done on another forum..

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I think the translation from the German is misleading - you can't move the light unit upwards until you have freed it from the securing clip at the top. This worked for me on an e-line Carthago:

1. Ease out the top of the light unit. Be careful to pull or lever the body of the light unit, not the edge of the coloured lens, which is likely to come adrift. I used a couple of door-trim removal tools inserted at the top edge.
2. When the top edge has come out far enough to provide a gap for a screwdriver, insert one vertically downwards behind and at the centre of the top edge of the light unit so you can press downwards on a spring tang that holds the top of the light unit in place (you might or might not be able to see it!). The tang is fixed to the light unit and has an upward bend that locates behind the rear panel to hold the unit in place. It needs to be pressed down far enough so the upward bend comes clear of the panel.
3. When it does clear the panel, the unit will fall forward towards you and can then be lifted upwards to release the bottom edge.

Three hands and a lot of courage are useful accessories!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back