Heloooo! wish I’d done this years ago !!! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
This is part of the reason we tried at home, one of John's friends had the same awning and put that up inside out, wanted to make sure we didn't do the same. Been away this week i attempted to put the awning up on my own with the reluctant help of my tallest grandson. didn't look too bad but left the pegging out for John, glad it didn't rain though.
I have the kampa drive away pro thingy .... and it didn’t tell me anywhere that IT RAINS in them in the morning .... but , I was assured that for another £68 I could buy old rag to hook into ceiling that would soak the ‘rainwater/ condensation up .... it didn’t fit, was a dirty brownish colour, and needless to say ... is waiting to be returned to Amazon as we speak ! There are so many small things that end up as expensive cons ! .... sigh 😳

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Suemiles we have the vango kela tall this week the boys thought it had rained in, now i have slept in it in torrential rain with no raining in. Decided it was condensation from 3 adolescent males spending too mush time in there with insufficient ventilation.
Hope i am righ am sleeping in it with youngest grandson next week.

Raymond Bonello

Free Member
May 20, 2017
MALTA
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6years
This is part of the reason we tried at home, one of John's friends had the same awning and put that up inside out, wanted to make sure we didn't do the same. Been away this week i attempted to put the awning up on my own with the reluctant help of my tallest grandson. didn't look too bad but left the pegging out for John, glad it didn't rain though.
To all Camper/motorhome enthusiasts take care Covid19 is still with us and raising it head. So we must not relax and keep all precautions alive, social distancing and avoiding large groups as we do not know who can be a carrier. Wearing masks and cleaning our hands is the most essential things one can do.

JonHG

Free Member
Oct 30, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 540
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, Congrats! we also gave up towing, lost our caravan in the 2007 floods, every cloud etc.. insurance monies into first motorhome, now on our fourth never looked back!

old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Hello peoples,
Yes, just bought first Motorhome ( an auto sleeper Bourton, secondhand 2018 ) cost a bloody fortune! Haven’t got a clue .... upgraded from a Eldis beautiful caravan ... stunning but ... when we came out of lockdown, NEEDED sky! Looked at 5 year old caravan and thought .... ODG! It’s tired! It’s dirty! It’s sooooo much work! .... ( and I hate ... NO HATE towing ) ... so here I am ... hello ! 😊
:welcome4: welcome to the madhouse! Love the van you bought, we had a look at one but it is a tad too big for our driveway. We spent two years on the forum learning as much as possible before committing to spending a lot of money. Some say that you don't get your ideal van (layout) until your third van, I'm glad to say that we feel we got it right first time, hope you have too. ENJOY:happy:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
To all Camper/motorhome enthusiasts take care Covid19 is still with us and raising it head. So we must not relax and keep all precautions alive, social distancing and avoiding large groups as we do not know who can be a carrier. Wearing masks and cleaning our hands is the most essential things one can do.
Don't see the relevance what has Covid got to do with putting an awning up? My family my pitch my awning.
The incident with the wrong way round awning took place 4 years ago.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
:welcome4: what took you so long to see the light :rofl:

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
:welcome4: welcome to the madhouse! Love the van you bought, we had a look at one but it is a tad too big for our driveway. We spent two years on the forum learning as much as possible before committing to spending a lot of money. Some say that you don't get your ideal van (layout) until your third van, I'm glad to say that we feel we got it right first time, hope you have too. ENJOY:happy:
😊 yes ! We are delighted with it ... it’s perfect! So we got lucky ( nearly made mistake , but on second viewing had massive panic attack, and A reality check !!! Phew close call tho ! ) sadly ours is just about 2ft too long to go on drive 🙁 so it will go and live in storage when not busy... I will miss it ! Thank you 😊😊😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back