Heloooo! wish I’d done this years ago !!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
Hello peoples,
Yes, just bought first Motorhome ( an auto sleeper Bourton, secondhand 2018 ) cost a bloody fortune! Haven’t got a clue .... upgraded from a Eldis beautiful caravan ... stunning but ... when we came out of lockdown, NEEDED sky! Looked at 5 year old caravan and thought .... ODG! It’s tired! It’s dirty! It’s sooooo much work! .... ( and I hate ... NO HATE towing ) ... so here I am ... hello ! 😊

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
Hello you !!!!! 😊😊😊😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
We made the move from towing too! Love the motorhome! Welcome. :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
:pink:
from someone who just came straight to motorhoming.

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
And ... I will add .... had her five weeks .... and been out five times !!! I’m in love! Each journey ( to a sneaky lovely place ) 100 miles away from home ... and ... what a joy and privilege to have this freedom !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
:pink:
from someone who just came straight to motorhoming.
Ohhhhhh.... you missed out on a load of winding, and fiddling, and hefting , and squabbling about water BUTTS.... ( and more than one row on arrival about tow hitches and fiddly awning feeds ! ! ) you must be very very posh 😳😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😳

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
Ohhhhhh.... you missed out on a load of winding, and fiddling, and hefting , and squabbling about water BUTTS.... ( and more than one row on arrival about tow hitches and fiddly awning feeds ! ! ) you must be very very posh 😳😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😳
Hehehe he .... god I’m new here ! .... im
And ... I will add .... had her five weeks .... and been out five times !!! I’m in love! Each journey ( to a sneaky lovely place ) 100 miles away from home ... and ... what a joy and privilege to have this freedom !!!!!!!!
ohhhhhhhh I’ve subscribed !!!! What’s with all the adverts!!!! Immmm droooownnning !

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Anything but posh, first van looked like and probably was a garden shed attached to what had been a panel van, still had it over a year and got double what I paid for it.
We still have the fun of how to put the blow up awning up (cheated when we got this put a rail up on the side of the garage at home and practised before trying it on a site.
watching us getting the motorbike into the garage on our last one was a spectator sport too.
Do hope you get on with it ok, I have been obsessed since I was about 5.
This forum has kept me sane during lockdown, well as sane as I was to start with.

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
Ah ha .... now I have chatty chatty box .... now all I need to do is acquire small lazer to prevent selly selly boxes .... and I will feel I am in happy place !

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
Anything but posh, first van looked like and probably was a garden shed attached to what had been a panel van, still had it over a year and got double what I paid for it.
We still have the fun of how to put the blow up awning up (cheated when we got this put a rail up on the side of the garage at home and practised before trying it on a site.
watching us getting the motorbike into the garage on our last one was a spectator sport too.
Do hope you get on with it ok, I have been obsessed since I was about 5.
This forum has kept me sane during lockdown, well as sane as I was to start with.
OHH!!! Thank god ! We have inflatable also! It just happened to be a tad windy first time out! ( and other half is really rude under pressure ) so .... it was upside down , didn’t look at all like the blooming you tube video ... and we had massive domestic row .... the shame and fear came in equal measure ... and the pouting lasted an hour after that !
Yes , this is my dream ... caravan was the closest before .... this is Perfect ! 😊😊😊

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
A warm :welcomesign: from an even warmer West Yorkshire :cool:
It’s a tad toastie in West Sussex ! I had plastic grass in garden this morning .... it’s a green mat this evening !!! Phew !

OP
OP
S
Aug 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bourton auto sleeper
Exp
6months
OHH!!! Thank god ! We have inflatable also! It just happened to be a tad windy first time out! ( and other half is really rude under pressure ) so .... it was upside down , didn’t look at all like the blooming you tube video ... and we had massive domestic row .... the shame and fear came in equal measure ... and the pouting lasted an hour after that !
Yes , this is my dream ... caravan was the closest before .... this is Perfect ! 😊😊😊
Also ..... shhhhusssh .... but , given your description of your first one .... pretty sure I bought it off you , and moved horses around to gymkanas in it for a while ... if not yours .... I have owned some really dodgy vehicles over the years ( and they have all been huge fun ! ) x

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
HH!!! Thank god ! We have inflatable also! It just happened to be a tad windy first time out! ( and other half is really rude under pressure ) so .... it was upside down , didn’t look at all like the blooming you tube video ... and we had massive domestic row .... the shame and fear came in equal measure ... and the pouting lasted an hour after that !
This is part of the reason we tried at home, one of John's friends had the same awning and put that up inside out, wanted to make sure we didn't do the same. Been away this week i attempted to put the awning up on my own with the reluctant help of my tallest grandson. didn't look too bad but left the pegging out for John, glad it didn't rain though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back