Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
buckinhgam bucks
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
first van in 1967
Hi, We are Dave & Mary had our first van in 1967 ( called a camper van then ) had a few years as a tugger when the kids were small. We use the van all year, 10 years ago we left the uk in our van for an adventure and travelled around Europe, after 6 months we bought a finker in the mountains of Spain and used this as a base to travel from. Had the best 7 years ever, but all good things come to an end, and with illness in the family we returned to the uk and so this has been the first summer in the uk for 10 years and I am not impressed ( miss the sun ). We enjoy the freedom, and wild camp as much as possible, not keen on paying high site rent prices when we only wont to park, love going to meets with other m/hers and have found most of the people there are all good for a laugh and very friendly.
Now I have to find my way around this site not that good with computers so I will apologise for any cock ups now ( seems a bit confusing at the mo lol ) :Confused: :Confused:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hello and welcome, get ready to have your brains picked, with all that experience you'll be a welcome addition to this site....I've a few, but I'll give you chance to settle in and unpack first:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hello to you both
The site will soon unravel for you and welcome. Pete :welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave & Mary, welcome to the fun. :thumb: I'm sure you will find your way around here soon enough. Take a look here, Broken Link Removed we have a few videos about how to get the best out of the site

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Dave & Mary, welcome to Motorhome Fun the start of your motorhoming years sounded a lot like ours except you lost us when you bought the Finker, must have been a beautiful time. Look forward to your posts you must have lots of experience.

Finding Motorhome Fun will give you so much if you enjoy meets they are getting a bit of a legend for the friendly and helpful meets the funsters have, do join in, look forward to meeting you both sometime. :flyingwelcome:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome Dave & Mary

:welcomefunster:

Mel & Lieve

Duadua

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Dave and Mary,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your adventure.

Your Spanish must be pretty good by now?

Like you ... the shock of coming back to this chilly N. European weather is not good.

Best of luck.

PS Like you I am still navigating my way around this site after being out of the country for 5 years, as I only joined yesterday!

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & big Welcome Dave & Mary,
Your adventures sound very interesting, we've been motorhoming since the late 1970's but nowhere near as adventurous as yours, only been to UK, France,Belgium, & Holland. I will be interested in your tales as and when.
:sin: Terry & Ann :sin:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the fun.:thumb::thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Hi, We are Dave & Mary had our first van in 1967 ( called a camper van then ) had a few years as a tugger when the kids were small. We use the van all year, 10 years ago we left the uk in our van for an adventure and travelled around Europe, after 6 months we bought a finker in the mountains of Spain and used this as a base to travel from. Had the best 7 years ever, but all good things come to an end, and with illness in the family we returned to the uk and so this has been the first summer in the uk for 10 years and I am not impressed ( miss the sun ). We enjoy the freedom, and wild camp as much as possible, not keen on paying high site rent prices when we only wont to park, love going to meets with other m/hers and have found most of the people there are all good for a laugh and very friendly.
Now I have to find my way around this site not that good with computers so I will apologise for any cock ups now ( seems a bit confusing at the mo lol ) :Confused: :Confused:

Well, well - look what the dog's brought in! Hullo you two and welcome! :thumb::thumb:

Hopefully catch up with you again soon! Oh, by the way, the blanket is finished - I've got a picture somewhere!

Cheers
Kath!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back