Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by koop, Sep 21, 2008.

1. koop

koop

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I don't know how I found this site, but by reading some of the post I'm glad I did. Right, my main hobby is American hotrods from the 30s to the 50s, not the Roundy racing type but street type. I've had campers and caravans on and off for years, had a break for a while and then rediscovered camping [tents] last year but in this country it's very hit and miss with the weather, I saw very local to me 20 odd years ago an Airstream motorhome, I tried to buy it then but couldn't raise the cash. About 4 years ago my wife and I worked in the States for a couple of years for a hot rod shop in So-Cal. We drove all over the country with a dually truck and 30ft goose neck trailer to the rod shows selling their goods. In the first 6 months we drove just over 25000 miles.it was great. I've imported loads of American cars and parts over the years and decided to see about bringing in an Airstream. Well I bought a 24ft 1979 Excella Airstream 6 months ago in need of some renovation and have been trying to get it here ever since, what a nightmare It was due to ship about 5 months ago from Los Angeles and then the shipping company decided to stop all ro/ro from there and Texas It's taken all this time to get it from west coast to east coast so I can ship it. It docked last Friday and hopefully I should have it here next week [fingers crossed] I just hope it's been worth it.

2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Ratings:
    +727
    Welcome to the FUN site Koop:thumb:

3. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,647
    welcome to the site, sounds like a nice van, hope you will post some pics and more details when you have the time. In the mean time don't forget there is a chatroom and you can find me in there most evenings, rumour has it I have squatted there, may be so but no one has issued an eviction notice yet.
    Enjoy the fun.:thumb::thumb:

4. Road Runner

Road Runner

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Welcome to our Fun site:thumb:

5. koop

koop

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the warm welcome. This really seems a friendly and helpfull forum