Hello. (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Hello to one and all.

I joined the site a couple of weeks ago so I suppose I ought to introduce myself.
I've been a Motorhomer for over 30 years and travelled our beautiful country reasonably well but only squeezing trips in between working and during hols.
I have now actually taken early retirement and am hoping to spend a lot more time enjoying touring. I've only ever managed one trip abroad (France) and have to confess it was a bit of a disaster, mainly due to the fact that it rained almost every day. I really think I must try again and I really fancy the idea of escaping our winter next year to somewhere slightly milder.

My current mission is to update my Motorhome. I've actually owned this one for 15 years this summer and whilst she is still in excellent condition and fully serviceable , I think I’ll use some of my hard earned and treat myself to something much more up to date. Really fancy an A Class this time but it must have a good payload as I want to carry bikes, fishing gear and am very tempted to invest in a quality inflatable kayak. Yes, I’ve been reading these forums with great interest - and some envy ! I used to do a bit of wind surfing and water skiing but doubt my creaky joints would appreciate it any more.
Although not new to this wonderful lifestyle I’m sure I will be asking for lots of advice. Mainly on types and marques of Motorhome, foreign travel and where the best real ales are ?. Now heres a question to ponder - should a pint be served with or without a head ? How do you like yours ? ?

Enjoy your travels ?

Mark.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

WITH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Silviffer
Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. ?

Wendo55 - good to know it’s not just me then! It was a long time ago but it was early September in the Vendee region. We were booked on site in the grounds of a Chateaux for 5 days. On day 4 we had to move pitch because the van was sinking !!

?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps

I am not a drinker I often see beer glasses with coasters on them.
I presume that is to keep the sun off there head?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
foreign travel and where the best real ales are ?. Now heres a question to ponder - should a pint be served with or without a head ? How do you like yours ? ?

I am afraid that foreign travel and good real ales do not go together. You will have to slake your thirst abroad using top pressure chilled pasteurised beer. But that does match better the hot weather you will come across over there. I dread to think how long live ale would last in the Spanish heat though.

The best real ales in the world can be found in and around Lewes in Sussex, where Harveys brew their nectar of the gods. If you are lucky enough to find a Harveys pub in the winter treat yourself to a pint of their Old.

If there is too little or too much head on a real ale the landlord should be sacked. They ought to know better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back