Free Member
Nov 2, 2016
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone, we're Jakki & Pete and we're new to motorhoming....still in the is this for us phase

We're motorcyclists at heart but being practical, with a business to run and not getting any younger, we're looking at other options for long term touring. We plan to sell our house in the new year and go full time touring, whilst we're still young enough and fit enough to do it.

We have a maximum budget of £8K and we would like to know what we can realistically get for that kind of money...... the answer may steer us back to the motorbike!

Thanks for your help

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Jakki. .... :)

Keep posting all your searches .. you will get help on here.

You Can get something for that price ... my daughter sold hers for less than that last year and it was immaculate inside .. just bit of bodywork needed doing.

:)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Welcome from Bedfordshire too.
The price you are considering may limit your options on a few counts. Your interest being Motorcycles would imply that you may have considered carrying a bike on the back but payload may prohibit that unless you want to tow a trailer,
In the price range, which is not impossible although limiting, you may encounter several DIY projects to bring the van up to speck, although you could be lucky.
One thing to not accept, is any hint of damp which would be expensive or very difficult to eradicate.
There are several dealers or private sales on Ebay and other online sales to look at. Autotrader Motorhomes may give you some idea of what vans and prices are available.... Good luck! Alan

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Hi Keep a eye on race van's as well, some home conversions are done quite nice some really bad, make sure they are registered as camper, good hunting (y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hello and welcome. We too are bikers, now mainly motorhomers. We've had some great trips on the bikes but unless we're camping the hotel costs on a long trip are not sustainable. We also spend less on fuel with the mh than we do with 2 bikes. We're both now at an age where comfort is becoming more important, which makes camping less attractive. On our current trip we took a Honda 125 scooter down to Spain with us in the garage which was fine for local trips but I'm thinking maybe we'll take one of the Harleys on a trailer next year.

OP
OP
Jakki

Jakki

Free Member
Nov 2, 2016
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks everyone for the replies.
It seems like our plans change almost as much as the weather. The current plan is less motorhome and more large van with enough home comforts to make it better than camping and to carry the bike inside.
As you say mustaphapint we're at the age where comfort is important and I need to work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back