TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Thought I'd say hello having just discovered this site. I inherited my Dad's self-build camper earlier this year (I'm sure mum suggested the idea as an alternative to me buying a Honda Pan Euro!) and since then have been well and truly bitten.

The Rosabella is currently in Perpignan, where I left it with a friend at the end of May after a trip to the Le Mans Motogp and a 50th birthday party in the Aveyron region. We're flying back out in a couple of weeks to carry on with our journey through the Pyrenees and up the Atlantic coast to St Malo.

I'm amazed at the fun, economy and opportunity this old (M reg) Ducato is giving us (we've done nearly 4000 miles since we picked it up in February), although my head has been turned this weekend by a 2004 Burstner A530 based on a Ducato. Luckily, the required £22000 isn't easy to come by!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from this site - bon voyage!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
2004 Burstner A530 based on a Ducato. Luckily, the required £22000 isn't easy to come by!

Got a 2003 one. I know most say the same about their vans but it's a seriously well engineered van and the chassis is pretty faultless. The layout has no vices, everything just where it should be. Unless it's got zero miles that price looks high because we paid a dealer just a thousand more two years ago for ours with 4000 miles on the clock and like new. Now we're up to 21K miles and enjoyed every one. Watch out for cam belt which is due about now.

Now for your next trick, a trailer and put the Pan on that. Though if you are doing the miles in the driver's seat something much lighter is probably better than the Pan which is short for Panzer, not a lot of people know that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TDH

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Thanks for that Brian. It appears that Moms never stop worrying. I'm in my mid 50s, was brought up with bikes - including racing, with my parents sponsoring a number of riders over the years, and they were still riding a 1200cc Yam well into their 70s - but I know I would be in serious trouble if I went and bought the Pan now!

See you at a meeting some time maybe.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
See you at a meeting some time maybe.

>> It appears that Moms never stop worrying.

And Dad's but I sort of encouraged my daughter to ride a bike. Last on a 600 Bandit. I did it partly because she was/is a keen cyclist and I firmly believe she's safer on a bike going *with* the traffic than being nurfed off by overtaking HGVs.

>> my parents sponsoring a number of riders over the years

Brilliant. Without people like that there would be no Bradley Smiths etc.

>> they were still riding a 1200cc Yam well into their 70s

FOUL. Not fair. 1200 Yam and Pan are both "steady" rider's bikes. Not fair to object.

>> See you at a meeting some time maybe

Be warned, this is a hive of biker activity. Old hooligans racing bikes round MHs like they are Rossi. You could find it very frustrating.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back