hello :) (1 Viewer)

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
hello, my names junan and ive recently bought a talbot express camelot. I used to have a bedford cf dormobile landcruiser about 4 yrs ago and i loved it, but sadly had to sell. My camper is an `88 F reg 2litre diesal, it sounds like a tractor to me coz im used to my newish car. Ive already made the top bed bigger by having 2 extra boards fitted, im going to design new boards to make the lower seats into a `better` bed. It would be very helpful to me if anyone has any ideas or pics of how i could do that. Also could anyone reccomend a club for me to join (bet loads of people ask that!)Also does anyone know of anyone good around the peterborough area that knows about and fixes showers and fridges, The shower pilot light lights but wont flare up, and the fridge works on mains electric but i have no idea how it works, its a 3 way. I absolutely love having a camper van again. Any advice greatly welcomed!! thankyou for reading, xjx

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
Hi Junan,

Nice to have you on board and welcome...afraid I can't help with your problems,I'm sure that they'll be easily rectified...I too am a Camper person prefering these sort of vehicles as opposed to full blown Motorhomes...it's a personal choice sort of thing...all the best to you and good luck.......

Regards

:Smile::Smile:Smithy:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun, I am sure someone will answer you queries shortly, as for a club to join, well you just have. This is one of the best clubs on the internet, loads of rallies/meets, members from all over the world, what more could you want, Oh yes and we have a chat room, I'm there most evenings and we have a quiz on Thursday evenings at 8pm. And it s all for FREE no membership fees, don't forget to buy your motorhome checklist and banners from Jim.

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hello, my names junan and ive recently bought a talbot express camelot. I used to have a bedford cf dormobile landcruiser about 4 yrs ago and i loved it, but sadly had to sell. My camper is an `88 F reg 2litre diesal, it sounds like a tractor to me coz im used to my newish car. Ive already made the top bed bigger by having 2 extra boards fitted, im going to design new boards to make the lower seats into a `better` bed. It would be very helpful to me if anyone has any ideas or pics of how i could do that. Also could anyone reccomend a club for me to join (bet loads of people ask that!)Also does anyone know of anyone good around the peterborough area that knows about and fixes showers and fridges, The shower pilot light lights but wont flare up, and the fridge works on mains electric but i have no idea how it works, its a 3 way. I absolutely love having a camper van again. Any advice greatly welcomed!! thankyou for reading, xjx

hi junan new member myself .it seems this is the site to join lots of good banter and good advice
all the best john.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigdubber

Free Member
May 12, 2008
wirral
Funster No
MH
a
Exp
welcome to the world of talbot express :Doh:
just wondering did you turn the gas on for the pilot light on your shower /water heater?.
what is wrong with the shower . and if its a 3 way fridge have you got the mains cable to plug the van in ? has the van got a zig unit and have you checked to see what setting the fridge is on ?. ie gas 12volt 240 volt. and is the van pretty much level? most of the 3 way fridges in talbots work better when the van is level.
happy camping :D

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Hi Junan,
Welcome to the club, you've come to the right spot for fun and info :thumb:

OP
OP
J and M on Mfun
Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
thankyou manouche for your welcome ::bigsmile:

hello bigdubber, the pilot light on the shower lights but when then water is turned on it doesnt fire up:Sad:. The fridge works on mains but i dont know how to work it for gas or 12v, obviously i can turn the knobs, do i have to light a pilot light for the gas or something? And yes the van has a zig unit, dont understand it tho and wish i had a manual for it:Doh: xjx

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi JUNAN and:welcome:
I had a Camelot many years ago. If I remember correctly, to get the hot water to run after getting the pilot light going, I think that you had to turn the dial on the water heater further on to bring the main burner into operation with the pump turned on, then open the tap.

The fridge works on mains when on a hook up 240v,on 12v when motoring,and on gas with the fridge switched to gas and the pilot light lit by a spark that was operated by a push button on the front of the fridge. You can see if the fridge is lit, I am not sure by which method it is either a small window in the left hand lower corner,or by a small window on left of control panel with a mirror on it but it is a fiddle. You have to get on your knees to see these.

Hope this is is of help:thumb::thumb:

Dave

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Junan.

Just had a second thought the heater has a thermocouple on it and requires to be on for a minute or two to bring the gas supply to the main boiler flame unit.
Sorry age is showing:Doh:

Dave

Last edited:

bigdubber

Free Member
May 12, 2008
wirral
Funster No
MH
a
Exp
your 3 way fridge should have depending on how modern an electric starter button for the gas. gas nob should have 3 setting? push gas nob in on setting number 1. whilst doing that look inside bottom far left inside of fridge.
got a manuel somehwhere for zig unit . can copy user section and email it if you want :Smile:

OP
OP
J and M on Mfun
Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
thankyou lovely people

thankyou dave and big dubber your info is very helpful to me, and thanx Boo, ill make myself comfy ::bigsmile:

i have taken the campervan to get the fridge and shower looked at, but the man rang me back today and said the fridge is rusty at the back so ill need a new one, then he said the water doesnt work!! I havent had any trouble with that myself!! so he hasnt been able to look at the shower yet, so until i get the camper back i wont be able to sus it all out.

Im looking on ebay to get a new fridge hopefully the water heater will be fixed, touch wood!!

i would love a copy of a zig manual big dubber, pm me and ill give you my address :Smile: xjx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back