Jan 21, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Compass
Exp
Since 2005
Hi you guys, new on hear.
I have been looking through this kind of site for a couple of years now and thought how good they are for various reasons.
My wife and I have a small Motorhome that is our pride and joy, she is a Talbot Express Compass 304 24 yrs old and is in great condition.
We usually go to Spain or France for our hols but have decided to tour the UK this year for a change, so I am hoping you all can give us a few ideas on places, sites etc to visit.
That's all I can say for now, so to cap it all I am hoping I can join in with you all and swap ideas and thoughts.
Thank you
Camperdave

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Welcome Dave and Mrs 'Dave' !
This is a great site... Consider a tenner for membership.... Best dough you'll spend I promise you.
How about a trip to the Emerald Isle, free pitch with EHU at my place....... Google 'Donegal' ... Homebase 10 mile south of Letterkenny town.... but be in Blighty a lot.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :hi: There are so many places for you to visit in the UK. Wales, we loved North Wales when we lived up north. The Lake district, loved it there too. But now we love it down here in Kent, lots to see here. I could go on for hours! Enjoy wherever you get to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hi Mr & Mrs Dave

Give us a clue - what sorts of places do you two like?

I mean, we like a nice stately home or a castle. If the weather's nice, gardens to wander about too. We like beaches and countryside and are happy to be alone, but like there to be somewhere to have a nice wander to in the evenings and if we decide we want it a coffee or ice cream, or a drink or sometimes a meal. Maybe a steam train. Perhaps boats to look at, perhaps a car or motorbike museum? Perhaps a trip on a steam barge in the lake district.

What we don't like is being trapped on a site in the middle of nowhere with no bus services to anywhere nearby, or anywhere with a huge gang of people whose main (or only!) interest seems to be alcohol.

How about you?

OP
OP
Camperdave

Camperdave

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Compass
Exp
Since 2005
Good grief, what a response.
Well to start with Thank you Jonkil we have made a note of your place and will certainly consider.
Sedge (Jenny) you are spot on it looks like we have the same interests the only thing you have missed out is Christmas pud.
Sousebird strange we were looking at the lake district tonight.
Thank you for your replies.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Dave, welcome to Fun we for years have had the pattern of one year Abroad next year UK , this way we have managed to see a lot more of the UK , lots going on in the form do join in.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome to the fun - and it is! We joined in September so hoping to start some proper UK trips soon, the Lake District appeals to us as well as don't know it at all. :LOL:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If going up to the lAKE DISTRICT or to WALES why not come and join us all on the way by coming to the Chester Food and Drink Festival? You will meet loads of us there... :)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hi & welcome. Like you I'm new here. I have found great welcome and I may pass you on the road if you do the 4600 around UK route

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi Dave and Mrs Dave.
Welcome to Fun.
As Movan has said, try and get along to a meet where some of us will be, and you can be assured of a warm welcome, there is certainly no 'snobbery' etc over what M/h you own/drive.
Give us a clue as to what you enjoy doing when you get away, as Funsters are spread over a large area of the country, inc over the water, I'm sure suggestions won't be slow in being made............you might even get some clean ones :):whistle:

Anyways, enjoy the forum, enjoy FUN. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

And there is always Scotland, you can't go wrong with Scotland, something for everyone.

Dec 28, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion I think!
Exp
I'm a newbie aug 14
Hi welcome. We are a bit new too. It is a great site and you will get loads of help.
Best ask when they are sober though !!!!
Only kidding.
Lovely site in St Neots cambs. Camping and caravan club site. Watch boats go by on the river and a short walk to the town. You can bike across the park to the town. Nice cafés. Plenty of shops.
Near Bedford with it's river, long traffic free cycle routes and excellent riverside pubs.
Hope that helps.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I'm with Puddleduck on this one.......Scotland has to be top of the list, but there are so many beautiful places to visit within the UK(y)

I think it could very well be Ireland for us later this year.......ferry from Cairn Ryan and across to Belfast/Larne and then a tour from the north and right down the west coast towards the south and back up to Larne again.
The ferry prices are expensive on this route though......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back