Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Hi
I have just found this site tonight and it seems like you are a helpful lot of folks!
We are in the process of buying a MH after owning a caravan for 3 years and using it 8 times :Blush:
f055.gif

We are thinking a MH may suit better? Link Removed

At the moment we are liking the Swift 590RS and also like the Auto-trails.
Any advice would be very greatly received.
Thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, welcome to the fun. are you young at heart ?do you remember ration books , or men landing on the moon?none of these questions are relevent but have fun n keep smiling.cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sneezles

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Oh thanks for the welcomes (albeit only 2 of you!) maybe nobody likes me already!:cry:
Yes, I am young at heart I suppose.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome:Sneezles to MH Fun

Sorry I have no knowledge of the latest Swift vans, so can't advise.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hellooooo Good Evening and:welcome: to the fun Sorry cant help with your question but no doubt someone here will know Cheers Rob.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Sneezles and welcome to UN, enjoy.

If you want to know the ins and outs of Swifts, please feel free to give Andy, Lawrence or Mark a call and they will be pleased to advise.

Regards

Peter

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hiya

Welcome to motorhome fun.

John Cross Motorhomes are extremely helpful so take up their offer of help.

Make sure the beds are comfortable and you actually fit on them and the layout and cooker/fridge size is what you need.

So whatever you decide to buy take your time in look at each one, trying them out - including changing tables into beds if you use that function. Lay on the beds - together if you have a partner - not just separately some beds are far narrower than others and some shorter than others.

Good luck hope you find what you are looking for xxxx

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Welcome sneezles:Smile: A great bunch in here.
Im fairly new myself but love stopping by every day, theres always something new to find out.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Hi
I have just found this site tonight and it seems like you are a helpful lot of folks!
We are in the process of buying a MH after owning a caravan for 3 years and using it 8 times :Blush:
f055.gif

Thanks
Hi sneezles our first motorhome was a swift 590rs and it was brilliant it was on a fiat ducato and we had no trouble with reverse judder we only changed motorhome because ive got mobility problems. Good luck with whatever you end up with and happy travels:thumb:

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
Hi
f055.gif

Thanks
Yes Welcome....Which part of the world are you and are you a family .....I have just sold my Swift 680fb ,being quite new to motorhoming myself and finding this year I just haven't had as much time as I would have liked I am planning to buy another perhaps next year....contrary to what everyone has said on this site about Swift's my vehicle was brilliant ..really easy to drive lots of room inside..it was like home from home with having the full extra's package.....and yes I will go for one of those again, if you are a couple great!but not so good if you are a family...but they have four berths. You will know the one for you when you see it.......This web-site is fabulous!!

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi
f055.gif

Thanks
Hi Sneezles,
We had a similar choice to make having looked closely at the swift and Autotrail ranges. We went for the Autotrail, just won the day on quality of internal finish for us. But very much a case of horses for courses, pays your money takes your choice.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi
f055.gif

Thanks

Hello and welcome . If it's a choice between Swift or Autotrail then it would be the A/Trail .We have owned both and feel that the Finish of the A/T is better .But I would seriously check out some of the foreign makes because Having owned one before feel that they represent far better value for money and quality than the British vans .ie. Burnster , Rapido,Pilote,and the list goes on .My advice would also be to keep clear of non turbos and any of the older engined vans below 2.5ltrs . :thumb:

OP
OP
Sneezles

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Thanks everybody for your welcomes, you have been most kind.:Smile:
Still havent found the MH we are looking for though.
Suppose it is a bad time for looking as not quite winter or PX on "new ones time"........
or is there a good time to buy???
a050.gif

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+