Hello .....totally new to all this !!! Help (1 Viewer)

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello all ...this is the start to a new life with something money can't buy ......time as a family !!! We are yet to sell but once we have ....we will full time rv ..... its scarey but had plenty of thinking time ....and discussions ....I will have tones of questions so hope your all patient:) x

OP
OP
Louxchris

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you ...are u a full time?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Louxchris

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you.....any advise ? On anything from where we can stay long stay uk for a good price electric or no electric? Been looking at different places with only a few so far :)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
no, unfortunately not. Will be selling house and getting something we can lock up and leave soon though, with the intention of doing lots more travelling.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and Welcome... (y)

Just for information.... you mentioned full timing and an RV..

If you mean RV in the sense of American Motorhome..

It will pay you when you join this great band of happy people to join our sister site = http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/

Which have a few Full Timers in American type M-homes...

Between both sites and becoming full members you will find out all you need to know... :nod: :nod: :nod: (y)

:welco:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello and welcome to the Fun!

There is a Full-timing forum on here. Might be worth starting a thread on there with your questions :)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome and good luck with your new start. Check out motorhome365.com the sister site for full timers, you'll find lots of info there. We don't full time but retiring soon and will be doing lots of longer term travelling.

OP
OP
Louxchris

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all so much ....going to sit down with husband and get some more questions together ....husband just said do we really need to go as big as a rv ....so still lots to think about ....x

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome.

If it's an Rv you're looking for then you are about ten minutes from in my opinion the best Rv dealer in the country.
They are Empire Rv at Emborough on the Wells Road.Not cheap but good honest service and great after care.
Just a thought.

John P(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
e47e2a4b8751881a0797b853f142c0eaf9de7363bbfe34a5825c52e2af6e3dbe.jpg

But

images (3).png

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Have a look around the likes of Highbridge Caravans etc to see just exactly what you want.Do you want a fixed bed? I certainly would for full timing,other people will disagree so its all down to your personal preference.
If you go down the Rv route make sure you have the right driving license etc.Anything over 7.5 ton and you're in C class territory(no matter what anybody tells you thats the law)
Again....and it's only my opinion, go for the biggest van you can.We "full timed" for three months whilst waiting for a house sale to go through in an Rv with twin slides etc in the autumn months and to be honest I was going a bit stir crazy so it doesn't suit everybody.
Ask as many questions as you want,there's no daft ones and we've all had to start somewhere.
Good luck on what ever you decide.

Regards.(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello all ...this is the start to a new life with something money can't buy ......time as a family !!! We are yet to sell but once we have ....we will full time rv ..... its scarey but had plenty of thinking time ....and discussions ....I will have tones of questions so hope your all patient:) x

Hello Welcome, you have found the right forum to come to for information along with the RV forum which has been pointed out. To get the benifit and to be able to ask as many questions as you want you need to become a full member £15 per year, for that you can post as often as you like, I think there is a smaller charge to join t hr RV section.
Before committing to a RV I would look at some of the larger European vans available why limit yourself with where you can go and the cost of diesel when there are a lot of high spec roomy A Class vans that will give you more freedom. But these are some of the things you will have time to look into. Good Luck, sound quite an adventure.
And :welco:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
:ello::welcome3:

Look aound as many vans as you can and watch the payload some have very little.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Would love the space an RV gives but not the physical size, some campsites don't have room for them and they are too big to use on our smaller country roads!
Look at all the motorhomes you can and take your time in them-try to visualise where things will be stored and the available space you have if you are both 'up' and doing things!
Good luck, we've been doing it for 6 yrs in a 6 mtre van!

OP
OP
Louxchris

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Do you think this would be ok for 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 4 ? If so I agreeand would much prefer a smaller motor home ...appreciate all the help /advise were getting , so happy ive joined :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Best to start by telling us what driving licence(s) you have. You will need a C1 licence for anything over a maximum weight of 3.5T and once you are over 7.5T maximum weight (which some RVs are) it gets even more complicated.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys(y) the cheapest way to stay on site is with season tickets, but only if you want to stay in one area, if you want to move about then you'll pay the normal rate;)
As for vans, I guess it comes down to if your used to driving a great hulking RV, personally I'd go for a German A class:D

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi and welcome to the club.
Daft question maybe, because I'm sure you have , have you actually spent a long time together in a motorhome or even a caravan for holidays for instance ?
If not it might be a good idea before you decide what layout will suit you. To see how much room you'd actually need to suit your own family.

If ever I thought about full timing , which I wouldn't as much as I love getting away , I love a house to go back to! I think with kids, I'd be wanting big/more space. So you can have your own area and not be on top of each other all the time. More so when the kids are older.

Don't forget you will need seatbelts for all. So if you plan on touring about when your husbands kids ( did you say 3?) are with you, you'd of course need extra ones for them too. But if your still having a car they could go in there with one of you two of course.
We had a big 6/7 birth motorhome when our 3 camped with us. But it only had 4 seatbelts. As they grew into their teens , the available space inside got a lot smaller haha . Especially on grotty days outside!
Spend as much time as you can looking at vans , with everyone there, get yourself inside as many different ones as you can.
Good luck in your search, and your new lifestyle change.

Newbie chris

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi we are also new, we lived in a static home and had to move back to bricks and mortar so to stop me going mad bought our Campervan for 5k and going to give it a go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back