Sep 2, 2015
Dartmoor
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good morning!

I'm a new member just signed up today in order to look for advice on my very first camper.

As a busy family of 5 I think I need something that can be taken out quickly and easily at the weekend.

My first thoughts were towards a converted Nissan Elgrand or Ford Transit (easily available spares on a second hand vehicle...I think).

I've looked at a Hymer T class and a VW LT35 - add both have their attractions.

Budget wise I'm looking at a max of £20k and will be careful in the selection process.

As a family living in the middle of Dartmoor I think insulation will always be important - I love it up here but it's does get a bit parky at times!

So, there we are...I hope I've not been too open too soon.

I trust this finds you all well and look forward to hearing the voices of experience in time.

Best wishes

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Hello . My wife and I spent 3 years looking for a motorhome that fills ALL our requirements .... doesn't exist..... you need 2 lists first the minimum and second the would likes if ever you complete the minimum list ... BUY IT !!! no matter how much you pay even £150,000 and you will still have to compromise. The motorhome is for sleeping in, live outdoors, cook outdoors use the "windy out cover thingy" ARGHH!!! another English word temporarily missing. I do not have the experience "of time" I am a relative newbie but I wish you happy hunting, stay calm and take time to reflect, decisions made in haste are usually regretted at leisure

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Welcome and happy hunting. We are newbies on here although been campervanning since 2013. We are also in the process of compiling our shopping list including Must have and nice to have columns. If i could have a pound for every time ive changed my mind on something I'd be able to afford a brand new one!!!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome to the club. We are a family of 5 too. But ours at 21,19,19 ( all this week !) rarely come now. Boyfriend girlfriend work commitments.....
All I can say is make sure you have Plenty payload, enough seat belts for all of you and plenty lounging about space. So you can all have your own space if away for a holiday , when the weathers not too cracking !
We had a 2006 Ci mizar gtl living Top class. It had a huge over cab bed that we slept in. A set of bunk beds and a large front lounge . This lounge made into a double bed or you could have it as an L shape lounge , bench seat and the driver and Pasenger Seats swivelled round.
We loved that van and it was great for our family. Sold it to another family of 4 this time. Fabulous layout that you don't get nowadays in family vans.
We've downsized now to a PVC . Still plenty lounging space and everything we need, just as we want it. Because Ralph has built it from scratch. But only 2 beds!
Good luck with your search.

lilacben

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
wellington. somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Welcome to you from Somerset...we only joined this week and have bought a 2009 Lunar Motorhome...our first ever motorhome. Enjoy x

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello & welcome

Mel & Lieve