Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
looking for swift bolero
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi i'm jeff am desperate to buy my first motorhome we like a swift bolero with rear washroom,but there is so much to learn,should i buy this outright? finance it? what about work and play time should i work part time? what do most people do i would love to hear of your experiances

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there jeff and a warm welcome to MHF .buying a motorhome is very much a personal thing.so many layouts,engines,sizes:eek:get out there and have a good look around,theres loads out there and its a buyers market(y) good luck.
brian and jo

OP
OP
Jeff and Sue

Jeff and Sue

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
looking for swift bolero
Exp
i'm a newbie
thanks for the welcome
jeff and sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and welcome to Fun.:welc:

Look at lots of vans. Sit in them, lie in them, go into the loo/ shower compartment, close the door and make sure there's sufficient room.

How to use your motorhome---- endless variations. I unintentionally lived in mine for 9 months and loved it do much went home, packed up and spent a year full time. Loved it.

Good luck with the search.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome to you both. So much to learn and choices to make that have to be individual to yourselves. Best go to one of the shows and look at all the vans... especially the ones we are all in as we will tell you the pros and cons. Then you can decide which ones meet most of your requirements.

Or you could look at a conversion where you buy a smaller van and have it made up to your own specification. Lots of decisions.

Keep in touch and keep asking questions ... that's the way to do it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would try not to work at all if you can, but if you need to I suggest stay with any full time job you have, buy the MH and take it for some short trips to start with, longer ones when you can - then decide the future.

And welcome!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun, have a good think about how you want to use it how much you will want to carry with you, do you want bikes, will you want out side chairs and tables.

Then work out what storage it has, what is the pay load, does it have any damp. Look out for one with the toys already on can save a lot of expense later.

Good luck a wonderful way life. :welc:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
How long is a piece of string ?
I'm afraid only you can decide if you can afford to work part time. We have cut down to a four day week because retirement is still a far off dream if at all possible and I'm already 58.
Obviously an outright purchase would be the best as savings will not equal the interest on finance.
Research, research and research. Look at as many vans as possible. Fixed beds, made up beds, how much daytime room is there for when the weather is bad. Check the payload. Can you carry all the extra items you will want.
Good luck.(y)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
I reckon grasscutter has said just about everything I was going to say too...
But they do reckon you very rarely get it right first time round, infact folk law goes that it takes at least 3 purchases til your well satisfied!!! lol
Enjoy the adventure

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Layout is king, find one that suits you. Then you've cracked it. Get it right first time , even better. Start with a budget, double it and your probably there! That's what we did.
Welcome to the club.

OP
OP
Jeff and Sue

Jeff and Sue

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
looking for swift bolero