bish

Free Member
Apr 29, 2011
stafford
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
:thumb: Hi i have just joined the world of motorhomes as my wife and i have just purchased our first.
I will need plenty of help and tips please, but im sure by looking at the threads im in the rite place.
We have bought a Fiat ducato chassis with a CI Carioca 694 home, any knowledge on this model would be great please.
We are thinking of working towards larger trips to include europe may be next year, any help here of things to consider apart from the obvious.
Also what is the best uk site guide to buy as there are so many to choose from.
That will do for now, sorry for an intro with so many questions, but no doubt many more to come.
Thanks in advance, martin:Doh:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Martin

Welcome to MH Fun.

Can't help with van as I don't know this Model.Someone is bound to be along soon who can answer.
We always use Camping & Caravan Club sites guide, as being a member gives you access to their Cs network, and we use these a lot, cheaper and not so crowded as big sites max. 5 vans. It also lists some commercial sites as well as their own sites.
You are certainly in the right place,for answers.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Martin
Welcome to the site, ask away with any questions as somebody will be able to help. Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Bish,
Welcome to the Funsters site and the joys of MHing. We were all newbies once but with the help you will receive on this site you will neither be newbies or novices for very long.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful and willing to give of their advice and experiences in an effort to help.
Ask as many questions as you can cope with answers; two at a time seems to be what most people manage to cope with.
As a help to other newbies be willing to share your own MHing experiences especially the emabraasing ones - not to give yourself a red face but to help other newbies learn from your own experience.

In order to make our site nice and friendly it is always helpful to share a Christian name (Unless of course Bish is your name)

Enjoy your MHing

Norman

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:-try your m/h out on the drive for the day or night::bigsmile::winky: just to see how things work :thumb:then ask away for answers you have not figured out ::bigsmile:
terry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and Welcome to Motorhome Fun, ask as many questions as you want, sure some one will be able to help.:welcomefunster:

FirstJood

Free Member
Aug 7, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
more than 5 years
Hi,
My advice would be first to go and try your motorhome on a site close to you and try it WITHOUT hook-up, try everything in there, all the lights, the fire, heaters, taps, run the fridge off gas, make sure you kow how to swap from gas to electric, and from both to using the correct knob on the fridge when you are driving, pull out anything that comes out, sleeping beds forming part of the dining area for example, all your drain taps, also flush out the water system using a recognised water purifier.....NOT metabisulphate.....
AND if there is something that doesn't work take it back to whomever you purchased it from, I'm assuming a dealer. Check that the leisure battery is just that too, I didn't check mine and found out months and months later that there was a heavy duty vehicle battery in there, no wonder it wasn't holding the charge!!!
When you have tried it without hook-up have another weekend and then try it with hook-up and run everything again off the mains.....

If you want sites then I'm in Camping and Caravanning Club and they send a book of all sites in England...if you want a web page to look at try http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ they have most sites and you can check abroad too, helpfully there are reviews on there too...
Oh, and welcome to the happy mad band that are motorhomers!!!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi and Welcome,

We had a CI as our first motorhome, Loved it,
:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello Bish,
welcome to MHF. Read as much as you can on here. There is a lot of advice posted around. Ask away if your stuck with anything and someone will know what you need to know.
We have a 2006 CI Mizar and love it , the layout is perfect for us. :thumb:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome

Hi and Welcome.

We own a Carioca 656. Keep visiting the dealers and looking at other 'vans, but they all have something missing that we already have.

As everyone is saying, 'just ask and ye shall have answers by the bucketful' :winky:

Best advice I can give is just get out there and make some mistakes.

Then come and give us all a laugh.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

June

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back