Hello there (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2021
Horsham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Earlier this year, Mrs Gauk and me decided to retire early, get a motohome and travel.

So, I finish work at the end of this month and it's time to get things moving. During the past few months I have trawled the internet (there is alot to learn) and we have identified our actual requirements, which aren't as adventorous as we first thought.

Mrs Gazuk has decided to keep he 2 part time jobs as she enjoys them and they can mostly be done remotely and our travels are for the next few years going to be maximum of a fews weeks at a time and not months due to Mrs Gazuk not wanting to be away from her horse. She's really enjoying her horse riding now so it doesn't make sense to do the long term travel just yet. The horse is 22, so hopfully it won't need to retire for a few more years.

So, it will be breaks up to a few weeks, uk and Europe for the next few years. Then hopefully after that, somewhere warm for the UK winter months

Now dealers are settling down a little after the Covid frenzy, we are actually able to go and view some motorhomes

So the next requirement is one that is making the motorhome choice tricky. It must be able to take a motorbike to take th both of is. Now, there are two ways I can see of doing this. A campervan, where the rear bed folds away/lifts to leave a large garage. Now this approach would give me alot of choice of motorbike, but Mrs Gazuk saw an example of these last week and has pretty much ruled them out due to the cramped feeling. There is a tiny slither of hope next week when we go to a Adria dealer to see a Twin Supreme 640SGX (my first choice), but I am fairly resigned to the fact that we will be getting a motorhome. With a motorhome, it means I will have to get a KTM Duke 390 which after all my research (alot of it on here) is the most motorbike I can get in a normal sized motorhome. It's not a bad option, but we are used to getting about on a 1200 GSA.

So I think I'm on the lookout for a 7.5 meter long or shorter motorhome, with a garage no smaller then 45inches high and 33 inches wide and an load over 3500kg. We were set on a rear fixed bed but have recently seen pictures of beds comming down over lounge with a rear bathroom which we liked (Chausson Welcome 640, need to check garage size though).

Enough waffle, need to go and pay subs as I think I'll be having alot of questions.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Gloucestershire! (y)

OP
OP
G
Nov 6, 2021
Horsham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Welcome from Cheshire east šŸ„³... you have described our Niesmann and Bischoff Arto 69gl! Lovely motorhome šŸ’–
šŸ˜‚After our first dealer visit last week the only van that fit our brief was a Niesmann Biscoff Arto (dont know exact model). We just thought Ā£50k for a 2007 vehicle was alot.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
šŸ˜‚After our first dealer visit last week the only van that fit our brief was a Niesmann Biscoff Arto (dont know exact model). We just thought Ā£50k for a 2007 vehicle was alot.
This one is still for sale at Red Lion....they have been brilliant with after sales etc.https://www.rlcaravans.co.uk/showroom?type=Motorhome

2007 Niesmann and Bischoff Arto 69gl

OP
OP
G
Nov 6, 2021
Horsham, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
This one is still for sale at Red Lion....they have been brilliant with after sales etc.https://www.rlcaravans.co.uk/showroom?type=Motorhome

2007 Niesmann and Bischoff Arto 69gl
Thank you so much for posting that. It does suggest that the dealer down here is trying it on a bit. I got the year wrong on the model down here, it's 2008 but is 28,000 miles so they are comparable. The decor and layout of the one down here is slightly better, but not Ā£17k better.

That one is definately a contender. Will need to try and keep Mrs Gazuk calm. She really likes the one down here, but was concerned about the price. We are concerned about buying now only for prices to dive when the bubble bursts. When she sees this one thoughI think she'll be planning her trip up to Merseyside.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. šŸ‘

Wyn

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Thank you so much for posting that. It does suggest that the dealer down here is trying it on a bit. I got the year wrong on the model down here, it's 2008 but is 28,000 miles so they are comparable. The decor and layout of the one down here is slightly better, but not Ā£17k better.

That one is definately a contender. Will need to try and keep Mrs Gazuk calm. She really likes the one down here, but was concerned about the price. We are concerned about buying now only for prices to dive when the bubble bursts. When she sees this one thoughI think she'll be planning her trip up to Merseyside.
I can highly recommend them as dealers...they didn't hesitate to fix some initial problems with our Arto. Speak to Simon and tell him Nicola recommended them!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back