Free Member
Apr 18, 2017
uk
Funster No
MH
FIAT JOINT E47
Exp
7 YRS +
hi I am hoping for lots of advice as my family and I are planning on going to Rome this year July/Aug as we have to take holidays during the school hols.

only problem is it is always down to me to work out the route!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going from Calais . Can anyone give me advice on the best, easiest route, we have a 21 ft Fiat Joint E47 motorhome including 2 kids .

many thanks for your help

Dippy.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DIPPY

Free Member
Apr 18, 2017
uk
Funster No
MH
FIAT JOINT E47
Exp
7 YRS +
Hi everyone,
thanks for the re[lies.
Hi Spriddler, we are off for 19 days, both of us are driving, kids are 16 yrs old and 10 yrs old. Husband more than happy to pay the tolls if it gets us there quicker.
other family are coming with us in their motor home and aren't too keen on the tolls.

Have allowed 2 days to get to Rome from Calais and same back. so any info would be great.

Now off to check Viamichelin.

thanks again

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
@DIPPY Well, I've not travelled that route in high season (have done Milan twice by m/home and once on my 60 yrs old motorbike) but to cover 1000 miles in two days in a m/home (more than I'd want to do) avoiding traffic delays it's probably easier/essential to use the motorways. You don't say where you're starting from so you may have a day's run to get to the U.K ferry port/Eurotunnel.
As for any other advice, it's all very simple and straightforward and not much different from any other touring. The only thing peculiar to 'abroad' is that you can't exchange Calor cylinders over there but if you're on sites with electricity you may need a foreign leccy hook-up adapter.
Just be careful on non-motorway roads when pulling out of filling stations or leaving lay-bys, supermarket car parks or Tee junctions that you return to the correct side of the road!!
Enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back