Hello. Soon to be retired and travelling - we hope! (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2021
Bournemouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We are Newbies...
Having moved to Andalucia and choosing a caravan, to live in over a motorhome (it went well), we have been back in UK for 10 years. All children now gone and even foster children also gone.... it's time to get out there and do something for ourselves. We are looking to live in a motorhome and enjoy skiing (we took caravan to Merible...it was fun). We'd like to travel to see the Northern Lights, we have an unfinished project near Grananda and are considering how far East we'd like to go. I know this is probably the oldest question but we are feeling a bit overwhelmed by how many MHs are available and how much they cost! We had thought Hymer as that was what we looked at years ago but now looking at Burstner, Laika, Le Voyageur, Pilote. Are these all properly winterised? Looked at N-B but want separate shower, garage and Hubby is keen on rear lounge or at least comfortable seating area. Any advice will be gratefully received! Also wondering about benefits of buying on the continent.... sorry for long post!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
If you use the search button, there are lots of threads giving good information, quite a few skiers. However regarding make of MH, you will find lots of views sometimes conflicting. Some people get very unlucky with their first purchase whether new or SH. Your best first move was joining on here and if you pay your subs you can find a good guide to buying your first one in resources.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

(layout, layout, layout and payload..........not necessarily in that order;))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi and welcome from Murcia. buying in Germany would give you a better choice than Spain, you would then need to do a change over to Spanish plates....pay transfer tax and any other bits and pieces....
I intend buying in Germany when we are due to change, currently drive :ROFLMAO: a Spanish registered Hymer......which suits us.....Spanish vans in the past were of a family style, well used and not good value...Whats your residential status in Spain? Good luck and happy travels...

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I wonder what you mean by ā€œproperly winterisedā€? Any salesman can tell you winterised but that might just mean a winter pack add on (such as a thicker duvet!?) but for serious wintering such as going skiing like you suggest then things like insulated floor and ski storage will be priorities for you. From personal experience of -14c, albeit in a caravan (yes, i know I am mad) you donā€™t want to sleep with your head by a window. Although I was able to keep perfectly warm inside I have memories of putting my clothes into the bed with the electric blanket before donning them having had to tear them out of the locker where they had frozen to the outer wall !

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. šŸ‘

Wyn