Hello my husband past away and I have been trying to get to grips with our motor home (1 Viewer)

Csmith

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm New
Hello, from just putting key in and driving, I now need to figure out how it all works.
It's a Ford and we call it shelby.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, sorry for your loss, this is a great forum for advise. Just post some questions and hopefully you’ll have loads of answers.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hello, and sorry for your loss.
A little more info will help..... Make etc of conversion.
Ford of course is just the van the motorhome is built on, the base vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Csmith

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm New
Hello its a Ford van transit and I think autosleeper if that's correct, not sure if that is the make or model.

Thanks

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Sorry to hear your news but Your getting there!
Ford is the vehicle make, autosleeper is the firm that added the camping bit ( "converted it" )
The next bit will be the model, something like Duetta or Executive or Clubman
Lots of people on here will have exactly the same van so you should be abale to benefit greatly from their experiences.
Depending on where you keep it some advice on getting it ready for winter might be helpful, even if you are going to drive it every day

Best wishes

MIke & Ann

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Helloo, very sorry for your loss.

It's great though that you are getting to grips with driving than van. Take it one step at a time and anything at all you are not sure about just come back to this thread and ask away. You'll get plenty of friendly help (y) . best of luck

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome ; sorry for your loss;

I would be pleased to give any help i can.

OP
OP
C

Csmith

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm New
Thank you for replies, I think it is a duetto and I have found a folder with registration documents and a few bits in the office.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello. I’m sorry to hear about your husband.
A similar thing happened to me, my partner died in a road accident exactly as week after we bought our first Motorhome.
The most useful help I had was from a couple who lived in the area and had owned a Motorhome in the past. The husband gave me a walk around the vehicle on what to check before driving off. He took me out on a short drive so I could turn , reverse etc. It gave me the confidence to drive it from France to the UK.
If you can find someone here who would do similar that would probably be helpful. It’s possible you can also get a few lessons similar to a caravan towing course.
Once you get confident in driving you’ll be fine.
I don’t know where you are —- I’m in Devon and if I can help just shout.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I also am sorry to hear of your loss, as people have already said on here let us know where you live and I am certain that a member who lives close will be able to help you out.
There is a great female community on the forum who will also reach out to help you, a number of years ago now my wife also died, life goes on and we must make the most of the time we have, may I wish you a pleasant Christmas, take care.
Norman.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
So very sorry for your loss. As previously said, if you post your general location I am sure there will be someone on here who can talk you through the things you need to know - they really are a helpful bunch on the whole.

And
animated welcome group purple.gif

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi & :welcomesign:, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.

We have owned a Duetto in the past and would be happy to help you if possible.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry for your loss Csmith, pay to join up and you will get shed loads of support and advice.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
All of the above and a warm :welcome4:

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Hello, sorry to hear of your husbands demise.
Good to see your beginning to look forward, best £15 you’ll ever spend is to join this site where there’s lots of help available at any time.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
So sorry for your loss,you have my sympathies,my wife died in September it was very sudden she was my travel mate,we were a team,even though she didn't know her right from left,she even argued with the satnav!
Whereabouts are you there are many people on here who can help-good luck.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I am so sorry for your loss, you are among some very helpful friends here.
As has been said already, the £15 joining fee is well worth it.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi. Let us all know approximately where you live and you may find a friendly Funster face is noit far away should you need some more face to face help?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
So sorry for your loss,you have my sympathies,my wife died in September it was very sudden she was my travel mate,we were a team,even though she didn't know her right from left,she even argued with the satnav!
Whereabouts are you there are many people on here who can help-good luck.
bigfoot , very sorry to hear about your wife. The early months are tough but it does get easier to live with in time.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi and Welcome. I have a Ford Transit Autosleeper Duetto. My husband dealt with everything mechanical so I had to try and learn. I'm still rubbish, but reading and asking questions on this forum does help. I live in Suffolk, so if I can help do PM me. Chris

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
So sorry for your loss. If you pay the sub to keep posting on here you will find help and support from other Funsters, as indicated by these posts above.

At least if you can drive your motorhome with confidence you are halfway there. Hopefully you can find the handbook for the habitation side to help find out how it all works. If not, someone can probably help you to put a handbook together and show you the basics. There is also a very good Haynes Motorcaravan Manual on special offer at the moment:

https://haynes.com/en-gb/motorcarav...MI45ypneCu5gIVw7HtCh1xiwgyEAQYASABEgIuL_D_BwE

:welcome3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back