Hello "Motorhomefun" Community. (2 Viewers)

Jan 18, 2018
Old Basing, Basingstoke, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285
Just thought I'd pop my head in and say Hello.

I have recently (August) retired and have considered owning a Motorhome for sometime but the time has never been right for us.
My wife is due to retire next year and we want to tour the many places throughout the UK and Europe we have never seen, and without the "Got to be back at work Monday" hanging over us it will now be possible.
We have had touring caravans and tents over the years and currently have a small sailboat in Emsworth (Hants) I only mention that because the model has always been likened to a caravan on water.

There are lots of resources online for the Motorhome enthusiast but this community seems to fit like a comfy pair of slippers.
I don't own a Motorhome as yet and the cost of new is way beyond my resources.

I will be asking for advice and opinions in the near future.

I do tend to overthink things!

Tony

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
V23267-09.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome aboard Tony.

Plenty of good motorhomes out there to suit all pockets.

Although your not in the market for one right now but it might be worth having a browse around the internet over the next few months to get an idea of what layout would suit your needs.
The motorhome and caravan show is on at the NEC Birmingham next month so that would be a good day out and to cast an eye over layouts and get the juices going.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Tony, you're in the right place, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the Broken Link Removed

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Good morning. Welcome!
Tons of good advice on here about how/what to buy,including Jim’s buyers guide.
Thinking is good,doing is more fun!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome.
We have never bought new and there are many lovingly cared for vans out there. Just go and browse as many layouts as possible.
We hired one for a week ,it was expensive but so worth it if we had hated the experience.( which we didn't!) however we thought we had found our chosen layout but on reflection realised it wasn't for us!!
Good luck and you've joined the best forum for fun , advice, banter and friendships!:welc:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. Like you, Tony, we couldn't afford a new motorhome, so we bought one that was 16 years old. That was 8 years ago and it's still as good as ever - in fact, better than when we bought it. We've visited England, Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Northern Spain. This year we're planning a trip to Portugal. Good luck on your travels.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Way to go sell the boat and get a Land yacht , there are good ones in all price ranges , dont rush , and you cant overthink , until you have the right one ! Hi-smiley.png

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Tony

Welcome to the madhouse...:D2

Good luck with your Motorhome hunting.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Welcome aboard the madhouse! This is a great forum for advice (sometimes useful!) and plenty of chat and laughs. Once you decide on a layout check the classified sales on here, you just might find what you are looking for. I know that later in the year there will be a nice Autosleeper 2 berth getting listed!

Shmo

Free Member
Aug 25, 2013
Funster No
Tony its SHMO here.we have a Rapido 7.5 metres with garage and fixed island bed with pull down and sleeps 4 persons.I would recomend maybe hiring on for a week that suits your needs that way living and driving it will help you make up your mind.There is a huge amount uk motorhomes out there but do not have garages and it's mostly European models that do.All the best with your search.ps we have changed our m.home 5 times

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back