Hello - Just taken out a subscription (1 Viewer)

TR7_Driver

Free Member
May 5, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking for a PVC
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thought it was about time to say hello, after lurking in the forums for a while, gaining valuable knowledge about owning and travelling in Motorhome thought I would splash out on a subscription, looks to be a good investment of £20.

New to Motorhome ownership and currently researching looking for my first vehicle, always been a dream to own and travel in a Motorhome and now as I head towards retirement it’s time to make dreams become reality.

I’ve spent the last 18 months reading and researching about what I might like to own and been able to visit a couple of local dealers since lockdown was lifted. I had hoped to go to the NEC show this week and check out my shortlist of vehicles, but since it was cancelled will have to wait another year before attending this show.

My preference is for a PVC ideally 5.4m long but could just fit up to 6m on the drive.

My search started of with a VW California, very nice, could work as a daily drive also, expensive, but really wanted at least a toilet facility on board. Grand California 600 did not like external look and well beyond my budget. Looked at conversions from Hillside and Wellhouse, which had a built in loo. Then started looking at PVC based on the Fiat Ducato, Hymer, Adria, Westfalia, Consort, Auto Sleeper to name a few, quiet liked the Auto Sleeper symbol but concerned about limited water storage and lack of boot storage, whilst good size lounge area and excellent kitchen. Although not sure I want to make the bed every night, we led me onto the continental models with a rear bed, did like the Hymers, but again a little out of budget, however their cheaper Carado brand looks to be a strong option currently, the CV540 is within my £50k budget and hope to find one to view in the near future.

It would be great if I could get get a van for summer 22, but given the state of world and supply chain issues it could be 23. I’m also looking at newish used vehicles, but one item l’m not prepared to compromise on is the van must be an automatic, plus I also like the driving safety features that are now available on the latest Ducato’s, which means a new one maybe the way to go.

Looking forward to being a member of Motorhome Fun.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, I had a TR7 convertible when I was 18.
There is such a good choice with PVC these days so you should get something to suit, good luck with the search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Motorhome Fun a good decision to be come a full member your post has already bought results with the buyer's guide, and other comments, I expect you will get a lot more food for thought with your research.
I would say make a list of what is essential for you don't compromise on things like having a toilet for camping i would say it is one of life's essentials.

I can see you're thinking in looking for a new vehicle maybe in 2023 but don't forget time is precious and and a year of travelling and exploring is something that can be done equally in a nearly new van which has had all its teething problems sorted out and and the cost you will save will go towards lots of travel. I would maybe put the questioned out there on a separate thread of recommendations for vans under 6 m must be automatic suggestions please and see what comes back. You now have the freedom of the the forum to ask as many questions as you want good luck in your search.
w2f

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)
Keep looking and asking questions and for opinions……you’ll get plenty of help here!!!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd strongly recommend renting a couple before you buy.

We rented four different ones and eventually had a long list of 'must have' and 'dont want',
there will however need to be some compromises whatever you end up buying.

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Hi welcome, I used to be a member of TRDC when I had my 7.

also have a look at Sunlight sister brand and they do PVCs as well. I know on the pages on that well known social site FB, there are owners certainly of the shorter sunlight van.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Welcome.. A shame that you don't have a proper TR though 😁

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome, good luck with the search, you made a great start....invaluable being a member on here :clap:

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
(y) :hiya2: :welcomesign:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Take a look at the Sunlight Cliff 540 or 600.

We we’re pushed for room when parking, and now have a 600. (y)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Depending on how many humans will be using the van together, go for a 6m van unless there is only you using it. 5.4m is a compromise with little or no stretch room, you will be shifting stuff about out of your way all the time, better 6m at least then you can have a proper bed and alternative rest area and storage under the bed, whether fixed or not.

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Ha ha.. says he with a lorry engine in his avatar.. (one of my favourite sports cars though).. I owned a 100/6.
Les, had the tractor engine in a 3A and decided I needed a ladies car (Pat Moss). Les McG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back