Hello, I'm new to your club and have plenty of questions (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Before we bought we hired twice and initially wanted a rear lounge, but soon realised that we loved the fixed bed and after much research a european van was the way forward for us, but as previously stated it's the layout that has to work for you. We knew before we bought which van was for us and consequently got a good deal, enjoy looking and finding the van for you. Gail and Karen

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Can I jump in and explain that our van is constantly at 20 degrees + when we have our ski trips? That, despite outside temperatures being from -5 during the day to as low as -25 at night!

I am not sure where this perception that all motorhomes are cold in winter comes from!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi jonandshell

Just out if curiosity, what make & model of van do you have?
What heating system has it got?
It's quite an interesting point that you've made and is one of our check list is how good will it be in the cold.

Caramammal

Free Member
Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one - yet.
Exp
As the owner of a tag axle, this comes under the heading of 'urban myths' - to put it politely. :rolleyes:

Presumably Spinneys have a Scout for sale but not an Arapaho ..........

omg, you're so right, they did have a scout for sale...im so gullable lol

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I know nothing as im a newbie myself (and at the start of my MH recon mission) but during a chat with the dude at Spinneys, he was saying the tags aren't welcomed at some sites, it's common for site owners to think they're travellers vans and will wreck their fields (we were asking about the Autotrail Arapho). The scout, which is the same-ish layout was recommended and is actually my fave layout so far.

Never heard that, think guy at Spinney is mixing them up with tandem axle caravans. Dont see many Gypsies in motorhomes..BUSBY:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi jonandshell

Just out if curiosity, what make & model of van do you have?
What heating system has it got?
It's quite an interesting point that you've made and is one of our check list is how good will it be in the cold.

We have a Chausson Welcome 35. Its a 6 berth with a garage, 7m long, on a rwd Transit base.

The heating is a diesel-powered Webasto Dualtop unit. It is 6000w and heats both water and the interior via blown air.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back