Jun 20, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hello
My hubbie and I are looking into getting a demountable and found this site via a google search!!

Is there anyone out there who has a demountable and has favourable stories? We have a caravan at the moment but are looking into travelling through France and Spain and I know that motorhomes are far more popular over there than here.

Looking forward to hear what you think

Debbie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Debbie, Yes there are a couple of demountable owners around, I will change your thread title so they might notice it.

Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun :thumb:,

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hello and welcome to the fun site :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
welcome to the fun, Sundowners, have/had one (it was really nice) and also others I know have looked in to it so you should get your answers soon.

is there a company called Niche that make them still in the UK? have you googled them?

http://www.niche-marketing.net/

OP
OP
Edendeb
Jun 20, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you for all your welcoming posts. I have checked out Niche but I get the impression that they are steering towards the 5th wheel market but have had a good look at Apollo which are looking favourable. The hubbie has been on about a demountable for ages and at the moment we have a caravan so I have insisted on one that has a shower as he is on about off road camping and some we have looked at are quite dark and pokey inside so I want one that is quite spacious or as spacious as a demountable can ever be!!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Just out of curiosity, how much 'off road' are you goping to do? Is the demountable a way of having a work truck and weekend tourer - or is it less of a work truck and more a tourer?

OP
OP
Edendeb
Jun 20, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
The vehicle we have is a Landrover 130 which is used all week for work so at the moment it will be used more as a vehicle and less tourer. We are keen to travel through to the lesser known areas of Spain and up into the mountains so it would be used off road quite alot. If we get the motorhome bug and when (if) we ever get to retiring age I would love to get a bigger one and travel all over Europe but at the moment we can't afford to run three motors!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
it's all compromise----------we have 2 demountables-----they are both BIG US ones-------very well equiped-------but with ours a US dually truck is required (or similar)
If you intend to go offroad with it on, you should take a look at the US 'pop-top' ones------MUCH lighter, but not as well equiped (Try' Nene Overland') but they do cost !!!!!!!!!!
The important measurement for you is the height from load bed to top of cab roof---- Also the width between wheel arches.
If you have any questions, please ask, we will try to help:thumb::thumb:
(We are also into Land Rovers---------'Upmarkethippy' on this forum has a 127 ----with the Brazil engine !!!!!!!!!)
Nigel & Pamala

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The vehicle we have is a Landrover 130 which is used all week for work so at the moment it will be used more as a vehicle and less tourer. We are keen to travel through to the lesser known areas of Spain and up into the mountains so it would be used off road quite alot. If we get the motorhome bug and when (if) we ever get to retiring age I would love to get a bigger one and travel all over Europe but at the moment we can't afford to run three motors!

I was just checking, as the Japanese import c-class (not as big as ours, but bigger than a demountable inside) come as 4x4, which would be fine for travelling lightly off road to find that nice spot, but not advisable for serious off road investigations.

Since you already have the 4x4, then it discounts this, as it would be an extra vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back