Hello happy wheeler's (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hello every one. Thank you for the welcome Jim. I've been lurking and learning in the background while we [ me and Mrs B.B.F. ] pitched the idea backwards and forwards about the ownership of a M.H. It's now looking like once we see the ideal weapon we'll be joining in earnest.
To that end we are leaning heavily towards the Laika ECOVIP 309. The reasoning for this particular model is we like the layout. We also like the big garage where we hope to be housing our Honda Wave 110i. Also we can store a couple of inflatable boats and other kit. The chassis on the 309 can be uprated. Being old, I have a licence to drive heavier M.Hs. I also have a LGV licence, so that would cover it as well. The 309 will fit on our driveway without having to make any structural changes, other than a different garage door. The styling is easy on the eye, and it's reasonable well kitted out. Having said all that, it's not set in stone,so please feel free to chip in with any alternatives that I may not have heard about, or any other advice. We'll start our adventure proper with a week or so away in a hired van in the not to distant future, then watch and wait for the right M.H. to hove into veiw.
Regards.
Mike

OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Check the height of the garage door to make sure it fits. Mine is 40 inches and its causing me a problem.
Hi Alex, thanks for the heads up. The Laika model I quoted has 2 garage doors, the larger of which is 111cm x 95cm. The Wave is 105cm, with mirrors folded down. I would probably take the wave along for any viewing to check it fitted before committing to any purchase. Any other models sub 7.2mt with a large garage that spring to mind. We'd prefer it not to be a transverse layout if possible.
Regards.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Yep transverse beds would be no good for us either. We've just moved onto a new Burstner with two singles or a monster double.

OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
:welcome4: Welcome to the fun from a windy Fife.
Thanks for the welcome, I was watching our fences swaying rhythmically in the night :(, there's tomorrows task I thought. What a joy to them still standing this morning:giggle: Whoo hoo, day off. Mind you it rained solid all day today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back