Astro

Free Member
Jul 17, 2016
North Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago I143
Exp
I'm keeping that. It'll be handy even if I never use it.
Hello !
I've been reading the forum for about a month or so and it thought it was about time I registered and subscribed too :)
Me and the boss have not had a motorhome before but the whole idea of travelling with the ability to be self-sufficient and choose where and when we can go has always appealed to us.
I'm in the early stages of it all and just starting to get my mind around the massive amount of detail and what we think we need is going to take time.
I'm sure our thoughts will change many times in the coming months, and since there's no rush we can take time with getting the detail and spec right.
The plan is buy towards Autumn next year, but it could be sooner or later depending on what I end up looking for, availability and finances.
Thanks,
Dave.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome lots of help and advice and fun on here!:welcome3:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
2016-05-02-07-04-07-910145456.jpeg
F

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
:hiya: and :pink: Dave , hope you's get your MH soon and start having Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Welcome to the thread - oodles of advice (quite often conflicting too, but that's discussion for you!). First step, get a copy of Jim's book, Buying a Motorhome. Then take your time, visit dealers, shows etc. - we have rallies at the big shows, why not call in at the stand, if we've got one, or at our separate parking area where you'll be made most welcome. Then when you think you've found your ideal van, go hire a similar model, it's worth the expense believe me. We spent 18 months doing all of the above and we eventually bought our Bolero which we've had for just over 7 years and are still delighted with it.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. Good advice from @TerryL. Personally, if you're not sure that motorhoming is for you, I'd say that renting is definitely the best way to find out. You'll be surprised at how many nearly new motorhomes are back on the dealer's forecourts, sold back to them because the owners decided that it's not the life for them. It's a great life - but there are pros and cons and it's not for everybody.

OP
OP
Astro

Astro

Free Member
Jul 17, 2016
North Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago I143
Exp
I'm keeping that. It'll be handy even if I never use it.
Thank you all for the welcome.
I've just read the 'buying a new motorhome' in the media section and must say that is an excellent read. That alone was worth the subscription :)
I'll keep you posted with how it's going on choosing a MH.
Cheers, Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back